Wet/dry routing and amp switching

Lewis Fischer

Hey all, finally got my PBC 6X and pedalboard wired up and am working through some kinks to get it all working as intended.

I'm using the PBC to control a wet/dry rig (Orange Rockerverb 50 MK III/Orange OR50).

1. Possible issue/routing:

The critical bit which I need to get right:

Insert Send: Splits with an insert cable and goes to: AMP 1 via Blooper / AMP 2 via Lehle P-Iso for galvanic isolation.
Insert Return: Goes to FX SEND.
Out: Goes to FX RETURN.

Would I be correct in thinking I need to set Insert Send to Stereo in the editor, and this should technically all be good?

I have only tested summed to mono with one amp so far, pending access to an extra speaker cab.

2. External switches:

I'm having a bit of trouble setting up an external switch to do what I want it to do.

I purchased an American Loopers switch with the LEDs setup for the PBC.

I want to program this to basically kill one amp and leave the other on.

When I go to program this I can select an IA action as Insert/Number: (presumably 1 for Amp 1 and 2 for Amp 2) etc.

Have I misunderstood this or should this be correct?

Pic for context/something to look at, although I don't think it'll be much help in diagnosing any foreseeable issues:

IMG_5265.jpg

1). That seems like it should be ok. You're only using the effect loop on one amp, right?

2). If I understand what you're asking, you would add an Audio / Insert action that turns off the insert when the button is activated:
Audio / Insert #2 off:ON on:OFF

1). That seems like it should be ok. You're only using the effect loop on one amp, right?

2). If I understand what you're asking, you would add an Audio / Insert action that turns off the insert when the button is activated:
Audio / Insert #2 off:ON on:OFF
1. Correct.

2. Thanks! This is basically exactly what i've done. Only, I can't test it until i'm back in the rehearsal room in a few days.

This seems like things are more or less in order then. Thanks for the help/sanity check.

Fingers crossed it all works properly.

Back