What is this SORCERY?!

EVHGuy1111

I was meandering through the RJM channel learning all the ins-and-outs of my Mastermind LT and I came across THIS SORCERY!
It is sooooooooooo COOL! But what in the heck is going on?! How on god's green earth do you set it up?!
Anyone have any ideas on this magic?

:D

It is a cool application of the LT for sure. He describes it pretty well in the video - let me know if you have specific questions.

It is a cool application of the LT for sure. He describes it pretty well in the video - let me know if you have specific questions.
WELL:

1. How is he generation the tones to build chords in the pads (he didn’t really explain it)

2. Is it possible to do this while another instrument signal chain is in the mix (say a guitar rig with pedals in a MEGX controlled by one page and this pad setup controlled by another page) on the same MMLT?

3. Is it possible to generate these pads with analog equipment, say an analog synth deck (as I’m assuming they are generated in a digital environment)?

I suppose those are the questions for starters…

WELL:

1. How is he generation the tones to build chords in the pads (he didn’t really explain it)

2. Is it possible to do this while another instrument signal chain is in the mix (say a guitar rig with pedals in a MEGX controlled by one page and this pad setup controlled by another page) on the same MMLT?

3. Is it possible to generate these pads with analog equipment, say an analog synth deck (as I’m assuming they are generated in a digital environment)?

I suppose those are the questions for starters…
Pretty much any MIDI capable polyphonic synth could do it. It's only sending MIDI, so the synth audio path can be completely separate from the guitar if you want it to be, or the signals could be combined at a mixing board, for example.

If you want to do it with analog gear, a MIDI equipped analog synth would be easiest. There are MIDI to CV converters that would allow you to work with a wider range of analog gear, but that approach is monophonic. You'd need to have separate synth modules, one for each note in the chords.

Pretty much any MIDI capable polyphonic synth could do it. It's only sending MIDI, so the synth audio path can be completely separate from the guitar if you want it to be, or the signals could be combined at a mixing board, for example.

If you want to do it with analog gear, a MIDI equipped analog synth would be easiest. There are MIDI to CV converters that would allow you to work with a wider range of analog gear, but that approach is monophonic. You'd need to have separate synth modules, one for each note in the chords.
Oh wow!

In the video he’s producing the pads through a DAW though? He didn’t go too into details there. Haha.

You could use synth plugins in a DAW and have the LT trigger those, too. MIDI's good at that kind of thing, the LT doesn't need to care or know what it's controlling, all it needs to know is what notes to send.

Back