Workaround to switch loops/effects off in certain presets

MiKa84

Hi there,

Hope someone has an idea for this since I could not come up with anything that's working so far.
Just a short explanation on how I use my PBC.
I have various configs for my PBC that are easily accessible through a mini USB stick that's basically always in my PBC. That way I can always call up the right config depending on what kind of amp setup I'll find at the venue. So far so good, it works and it is super convenient to get all set up before the gig.
Some of the presets I have programmed use reverb algorithms from my H9. Sometimes this does not sound good in front of the amp though or reverb is too much. The biggest issue is that I also use my H9 for other effects. So turning off/overriding the specific loop in the audio settings is not an option.

Is there a way to somehow program a button that globally switches the loop (9 in my case) off for the presets that call up reverb PCs on my H9? I could not find a workaround to do this yet.

Thanks,
Michael

There's no way to set up a conditional action like that at this time.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is to change the PC map in the H9 to remap the reverb PCs. From the H9 manual section, it looks like you can use the RCV.MAP setting to change what it does for the reverb PCs, you could have it bypass the H9 instead of loading the reverb preset(s).

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your answer. I'll try to change it in the H9, that would be a legit way to solve my problem.

Thanks,
Michael

Could you also run the H9 in pre/post in, say loops 5 and 10, and always use the reverbs post in the fx loop of the amp?

Back