Would this be possible

Pieutr

Hello,

I would like my PBC/6X to control, if possible, the power delivered to one of my pedal (9V, 30mA) in an ON/OFF manner.
I use an output of the cioks DC7 power supply to power this pedal.
I am making my own cables.
I already have the "ext switch" output of the PBC used.
Would this be possible ?

Thank you.

You would need a MIDI controlled relay of some sort. If you can get it to work via TRS, then there are NUX boxes that give you more TRS outputs.

You could potentially do it with a Function Switch output. The 9V supply would go to the connector sleeve and the connector tip would go to the pedal's power input. Turning on Function Switch 1 should power up the pedal. The Function Switch jack is isolated from everything in the PBC, so it should be safe.

This wouldn't work with a pedal that needed a lot of power, but 30mA is no problem.

If you meant "Function Switch" in your original post, and it's being used for something else, then a MIDI relay switch like Alex mentions would be needed.

You made my day !
The function switch is available on my PBC. My pedal is a DIY interface for my pedalboard with 3 buffers each needing around 10mA. I wanted to do this to be able to hear the effect of the buffers with a single footswitch.
Thank you Ron :)
And thank you Alex :)

Last edited:
One thing i dont get about the connections though :
The pedal's power input does need 2 conductors : a ground and a -9v (center neg) so if the tip of the function switch connector goes to the pedal, first which one of these 2 would it be, and from where do I take the 2nd one ?

You would switch the +9V line with the function switch. The ground would be connected from the power supply directly to your circuit.

Back