Wrong startup page

lbcbdr

Since 4.0 update, When I power on the pbc it goes to page 4. It used to go to page 1 which is what I would like and what it did before. The preset it starts up on is set to display page 1. Page 4 is only trigered by one of the external switches which opens loop 2 and brings up page 4 for mobius controls. Any Thoughts

Check your settings on that switch, make sure that Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change are turned off.

Ok thanks

Ron I checked those settings and Update on preset change was on. I turned it off but it did not fix the issue. I have attached my file. This worked with the origional settings before version 4 update. I also updated to v4.01 no effect. on page 4 I have a back button(the loop buton) which takes me back to page 1 and then everything works fine from there. It just is when I power on the PBC that it goes to page 4.(like I pressed the external switch for the Mobius page(4). Also as I poster in another thread I have a startup Macro that sets presets on H9, Mobius, and Timeline. This does not work. I have tested by power cycling PBC with other pedals on and they do not change. I also set an IA button to fire that macro and that works it just doesn't do it for the startup macro setting. Thanks as always.

LBC

Attachments

• lbc final V22 BR 2-5-18.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Try powering up the PBC without the external switch connected. If it no longer switches to page 4 on powerup, then there's likely an issue with the external switch. What kind of external switch are you using?

The startup macro is executed before the first preset is loaded. So, the macro will send messages to your pedals to select certain presets, but then immediately after, your last used preset is loaded and it will send its messages, effectively overriding the program changes contained in the macro. At this point, I don't know of any good workaround for that.

Try powering up the PBC without the external switch connected. If it no longer switches to page 4 on powerup, then there's likely an issue with the external switch. What kind of external switch are you using?

The startup macro is executed before the first preset is loaded. So, the macro will send messages to your pedals to select certain presets, but then immediately after, your last used preset is loaded and it will send its messages, effectively overriding the program changes contained in the macro. At this point, I don't know of any good workaround for that.
Ok will try unplugging the external switch it is a boss fs-7 which I have been using since I got the board although perhaps the polarity switch got flipped by mistake. If the preset that is recalled does not send Pc to the pedals should i t stay on the startup presets? In testing I set the 3 midi pedals to random presets and they don’t change when I power on the pbc I believe the preset that comes up does not send Pc to the pedals. I will confirm. Even if it does the random presets that I set the pedals to are not ones I use thanks

Thanks Ron As usual you have the answer. With the cable unplugged it worked fine. that led me to test further with another Boss foot switch. Both require 9 volts. the FS-6 i have has a power light the 7 only lights when you push the buttons and i did not realize it wasn't lighting. the 7 will switch without power but it needs power to get the polarity right with the slide switch I think. Turns out 2 ports on my Voodoo Labs 2+2 power supply are not providing power. It worked fine when I plugged in a seperate power supply. off to voodoo labs to figure it out. Thanks again (I did try different power cables)

Back