Recent content by bigrigg

1. B

Ground loop hum? How to identify?

I have opened the RG, but don't know how to identify the ground switch? I have connected this: guitar to RG input / 8 out to front of amp amp switcher connected RG is not touching any rack gear, it is literally sitting on wood, no chassis ground possible. There is no fx loop connected...
  2. B

Hello, I tried both bypass and thru the buffer and the noise in ch 2 & 3 is the same. I also took the RG out of the rack, so it was not touching the rails, or any rack gear. Just the cables hooked up. Still the same noise. Thanks very much for all your help. Please advise.
  3. B

Hello, thanks very much for the info. If I'm understanding correctly, you are suggesting to make two cables for the fx loop of the amp head that ONLY have the tip connected. No shield. This would cause the ground to find another path correct? Couldn't this cause shock if I touch a ground etc...
  4. B

Hello, ch #1 is silent, 2 & 3 have a hum all the time. If I plug straight into the front of the amp, no hum. Didn't have the hum before the RG. Same pedals and power. I can unplug the power supplies, still a hum. I can disconnect the fx loop, still a hum. If I unplug the ch. switch cable...
  5. B

Volume drop in Audio loops 1-4 only

Thank you very much Ron. I have approx. 16 effects plus channels I'm switching with the RG and "another" switcher. That being said, you can imagine I have a large number of cables. Approx. 40 plus. My testing of cables did not consist of checking all of them with an ohm meter for infinite...
  6. B

Hello, -nothing plugged into the loop, when activated it is good -just a cable plugged into the loop, when activated it is good -going directly from out of audio loop 4, the pedal WORKS! yaaa loops 1-4 work when going direct out of 4 now you have me on the edge of my seat?? Please advise...
  7. B

Hello, I have a large volume drop in Audio loops 1-4 only. I have tested all of the following and they are 100% functional: any pedal I try the cables the power supply I have moved the same pedal and cables to other loops and they work fine. I have removed all the pedals but one, still...
Back