Recent content by bucketbot

1. B

Mini Amp Gizmo & EVH 5150 iii 50 watt head?

True...the MIDI capability of the amp is good. However it's a shame they did not extend the existing CC loop switching capability to include changing channels.
  2. B

Bought the amp & I see where you are coming from with this now Ron. The switching utilises a single TS jack connection & this basically is a conduit for control signals going both ways between the amp & footswitch so the MAG could not I assume be configured to work with this as a direct...
  3. B

OK Ron, I may buy one of these amps & I have already made up quite a few MAG switching cables myself for other amps so I may have a go at one for the EVH. If I find out how it works I will let you know. ;)
  4. B

Was there a result for this Ron?? :?:
  5. B

Effect Gizmo & Bogner Ecstazy: chanels switching supported?

Re: Effect Gizmo & Bogner Ecstazy: chanels switching support Cool! Thanks Ron. :) I'm thinking of investing in an Ecstacy 20th Anniversary head & already use the MAG on my Carvin amps & have successfully made up my own amp interface cables for switching the Legacy 1, X100B, & X100B IV so I plan...
  6. B

Effect Gizmo & Bogner Ecstazy: chanels switching supported?

Re: Effect Gizmo & Bogner Ecstazy: chanels switching support I assume these pin numbers equate to the numbers of the 7 pin XLR plug?
  7. B

Home made simple Cable

For the info of any other Carvin owners with a TRS jack to switch channels & Reverb (X100B, Legacy, MTS, Nomad, Belair) I have now done this & it works a treat! :mrgreen: I wired the tip of a TRS plug plugged into the FS22 Jack on my Carvin amp to pin 8 on an 8 pin Din plug & the ring to pin...
  8. B

Home made simple Cable

So I guess I will only need one switch to toggle the channel & a 2nd to toggle the Rev then? ;)
  9. B

Home made simple Cable

The footswitch is a 2 button latching footswitch but one button connected to tip toggles the amp rev on & off. The other button connected to the ring toggles between the amp clean & lead channels.
  10. B

Home made simple Cable

Excellent! :mrgreen: Prob use Pins 1 & 2 as that will then mean that my existing patches should work on my G system without changing anything.
  11. B

Home made simple Cable

Hi Ron, I have the Mini amp Gizmo & the Mk V cable which both work great with my G system but I want to also occasionally use my Carvin Amps with my Amp Gizmo instead of the Mk V. These have a very simple single TRS switching interface where the ring toggles the 2 channels & the tip toggles the...
  12. B

Switching Mesa Mark V Channels by G System CC message

Further to above I just spent the morning putting it all together. 8-) Must say it has turned out better than I could have hoped. Even before with my existing setup with the 2 X100B’s in stereo I was getting good results with the G System so I feared that introducing a third head into the mix...
  13. B

I have now tried this & it works a treat!! It works best if you set the 3 G system switches to Hold rather than Toggle then assign the relevant CC number to each switch which for me as I used the default on the Amp Gizmo was: 88 for CHN 1. 89 for CHN 2. 90 for CHN 3. When you do this it is...
  14. B

In case you guys are interested this is what I am currently putting together. :mrgreen: After further research & some advice from Ron I decided the Mini Gizmo will meet my needs rather than it's big Brother.
  15. B

Switching 2 heads

Thanks again Ron. The other amp is a Carvin X100B which only has 2 footswitchable functions controlled by a single TRS jack. Channel change & Reverb. Unfortunately I am actually using a 3 head setup with 2 X100B's & the Mark V in a Stereo WDW configuration using both preamps running through the...
Back