Recent content by JeffMarshMusic

1. JeffMarshMusic

Analogue Compressor with presets

Hi Ron, your overture pedal is so amazing that I bought two of them for different pedal boards. If you were to apply the same concept to an analog compressor, I would buy two of them right now. Some of us have multiple compressors on our board so we can switch from a comping sound to, let’s say...
  2. JeffMarshMusic

Preset Actions

This worked perfectly. I should’ve known to look for this. Thanks for your help, Ron!
  3. JeffMarshMusic

Preset Actions

Hi Ron, my template preset has actions that set my delay to my desired type/mix/repeats, etc. as well as preset actions for my reverb. Recently I tried making a Button that adds more delay and changes the Reverb to Hall with a longer decay (basically so I can add more wet to any preset, and...
  4. JeffMarshMusic

USING STEREO EFFECTS

So, ring disconnect for the boss CE 2W, and regular TRS Y cables (trs to 2 mono) for timeline, big sky, and H9, right?
  5. JeffMarshMusic

USING STEREO EFFECTS

Thanks Ron, it sounds like I will need to swap the Y cables for normal ones if I need to go back to mono. Can you confirm that I do not need any ring disconnect cables if I commit to not having parallel effects? Also, you used to sell a device that was like a mini mixer (Mini Line Mixer?)...
  6. JeffMarshMusic

USING STEREO EFFECTS

Thank you Ron, great advice. I think the magic question is, can I cable in such a way that I can press a couple buttons on the back of the PBC and fold back to mono without having to swap cables? I'd be willing to forego Parallel if it meant a quick convenient switch back to mono. If I avoid...
  7. JeffMarshMusic

USING STEREO EFFECTS

Hi Ron, it's time for me to try this. I have a few questions... My last 2 pedals (Loops 9 & 10) are the Timeline and Big Sky. I have no patch in any setlist that does not have a bit of Delay and some Reverb. With all the cabling issues and switch settings, should I remove them from loops 9 &...
  8. JeffMarshMusic

Introducing the Overture!

Excellent information. (I thought for sure presets would save as edited by the pedal. I’m glad I asked). Thanks Ron!
  9. JeffMarshMusic

Thanks Ron! I'm looking forward to trying this. Is it possible to move the pedal in the Heel direction reducing the drive level but also ADD some volume while traveling to the Heel position? I don't believe "Position Switch Actions" is for continuous controllers, so maybe having the minimum...
  10. JeffMarshMusic

Hi Ron, I'd like to learn more about using an expression pedal with Overture. I can see in the MMGT that I can choose the different parameters in Overture in the Preset Actions menu, but I can't find any info about assigning an expression pedal to a specific Heel or Toe position. I'd like to...
  11. JeffMarshMusic

I own a ton of Distortion/OD pedals and this is my favorite after decades of collecting. I thought I'd try it out on a small pedal board, but now I have to get a second one and redo my main rig. It's that good. Looking forward to the editor so I can copy over my presets to the additional...
  12. JeffMarshMusic

PBC and MMGT transferring

Thanks Ron, I’ll be careful. But this sounds like it might be a huge time saver. Very grateful!
  13. JeffMarshMusic

PBC and MMGT transferring

Hi Ron, I doubt this is possible, but definitely worth asking... As you know, I like to control my PBC (hosting all my pedals) with the MMGT when there's room on stage. The MMGT is way easier to create presets on the fly. Since there will be times I'll only be able to use the PBC, I'd like to...
  14. JeffMarshMusic

Noise Gate Pedal

Hi, I recently bought a Noise Gate pedal for the first time. I'm trying out the MXR Smartgate. The pedal is removing a little bit of the high end when engaged. I would think that when the gate is open the full sound should come through, and when activated the gate would stop all sound. I...
  15. JeffMarshMusic

Sending a volume command to a hardware keyboard

Hi Ron, We've been trying this with a half dozen different keyboards. I'm sure this is a "3rd Party" issue as the midi monitor shows the MMGT sending the proper data. I'm guessing that if they were rack mont modules it would work. I was just hoping that someone here on the forum has done...
Back