larry

I like guitar and gear. Like a lot of other musicians, I also played in a band and have committed my fare share of gear-whoring. What else can I say?

Although, I'll admit I joined just so I can start a thread in the "Suggestion Box" sub-forum. Ya see --I was sitting at Applebee's during lunch, browsing for gear and NAMM news on my phone, when it hit me: Why can't I have a compact midi foot controller that is ALSO an audio interface???

Sure, Apogee already made something like this but it was developed for mac users and it's freaking huge! There's gotta be something better. Something much smaller, with Cirrus logic converters, a good headphone amp and ultra low latency (2 to 6 milliseconds at 24bit/96khz), over thunderbolt or USB 3.

I was going to email RJM directly and even attempt to discuss possibly footing the bill to develop a custom one-off unit for myself, but we all know I can't afford the tens of thousands of dollars that would take. I got to reading directions on the contact page of the website and it was like: "...check the forums, yada-yada-yada.."

SO! soon as my registration is approved, I'll start a thread in the suggestion box. Maybe lurk for a while after.. This could lead to something great from RJM, or I could end up further into the rabbit hole until the lack of money halts the pursuit.
Occupation
Field Service Engineer
Back