Recent content by tandrewnichols

1. tandrewnichols

MASTERMIND PBC 5.1.0 FIRMWARE / EDITOR

Question on updates: is it imperative that you do all the firmware updates or is it safe to skip versions? I'm still using 4.9.1. Do I need to do 5.0.0, then 5.0.1, then 5.1.0 or can I just jump straight to 5.1.0?
  2. tandrewnichols

How do you use your mastermind?

Awesome, thanks!
  3. tandrewnichols

Oh I see the confusion. I just meant I didn't include any information about how I used mastermind in setlist mode because it's essentially the same - your preset buttons just get filled with song presets instead of all presets.
  4. tandrewnichols

I am using songs and setlists. I just don't name presets by song, like "Song Name | Verse." If this is a real thing, please share. I've never seen this, but I haven't read the documentation in depth either.
  5. tandrewnichols

That sounds way too complicated lol. Also I have well over 100 songs, so I could never create enough presets for them to be specific to songs. I considered the "save song presets and load them back in as needed" but as far as I can tell, there's no easy way to do that with specific presets. You...
  6. tandrewnichols

Unable to use Nixie with Mastermind

WTH . . . after reading that, I was like "yeah, that does seem really weird." So I tried it again using the hub and suddenly it's working again. Like everything, even saving. That makes sense but also kinda doesn't cause what was happening before???
  7. tandrewnichols

Yeah, I have a USB-C to USB-B cable connecting my laptop to the mastermind, and then a normal MIDI chain from the mastermind through other devices, which includes the Timeline. When I use that setup, it works. When I plug the mastermind into a USB hub and then the hub into my laptop, other...
  8. tandrewnichols

Well, I'm gonna have eat my words. After posting that, I was like "I better double check that it isn't the cable or I'm gonna look dumb." so I plugged the mastermind directly into my computer. Previously I had it in a USB hub (so I only have to plug in ONE thing for all my devices with USB...
  9. tandrewnichols

This has been a happening for a while and there have been other threads about it, but I figured I would update with my current status and what I've discovered, because it's definitely getting worse. It used to be that Nixie could connect to my Timeline and load presets from the device, and I...
  10. tandrewnichols

MIDI debugging mechanism in app

I think it would be helpful if, in the editor, you could toggle debugging on and then click on buttons to see what MIDI messages would be sent (maybe in a separate window or something), with channel, PC or CC number, CC value, and (most helpfully) what button triggered it (or why that message...
  11. tandrewnichols

I'm okay with the approach I have for now, and maybe there will be updates to make this kind of preset sharing easier in the future. There are a number of requests for that kind of thing. My naming strategy right now is something along the lines of "<drive tone> <delay> <reverb>." Like "KoT 1...
  12. tandrewnichols

Yeah, I was kind of ignoring Setlist Mode since doesn't appreciably change the layouts of buttons - it just fills the first page with song presets instead of all presets. Part of me wants to do the "song title in preset thing" but I worry about having WAY too many presets then. I have 154...
  13. tandrewnichols

I browsed a bit to see if there was an existing thread for something like this. I'm looking for feedback from other members on how you use your mastermind because I'm in the process of changing some things and kind of . . . uncertain on some approaches. I'll try to summarize what I have now and...
  14. tandrewnichols

Button to enter Song and Setlist Mode and/or change setlist

I've got the PBC10, but I think it should be the same setup on any of the devices.
Back