Recent content by vertigocycles

1. V

Two preamps in effect gizmo

You can also set them up on one of the last four loops. I’ve got OUT 5-8 going into a little Lehle isolated splitter and then into the preamp inputs. The two preamp outs then go to a loop input and return respectively. In my example, the preamps are in loop 10. When it’s ON, one pre is...
  2. V

GT16 Misbehaving

have you been swapping and editing buttons on your GT? I've been doing a lot of that, and have been finding that a button press is initiating actions that are not in the action list. I created a new .rjs file and if I create buttons from scratch, everything works great but I'm basically...
  3. V

GT16 Misbehaving

I've been editing the GT a lot over the past few weeks and any trouble I've been having until today has been all user error or an issue with the way one device handles MIDI. Today I installed a Strymon Conduit in my pedal tray to hookup my pedals and that's when the GT got weird. I have since...
  4. V

Bypassing buffer on EGv2

using loops 5-8 and putting the buffer after seems to have done the trick, though I think there's something to learn here...I just don't know what it is yet. I'm going to want to use 1-4 as I continue to setup this rig over the next few weeks and would love to find a solution to the hum...
  5. V

Bypassing buffer on EGv2

I'll try it later today, thanks for the suggestion. side question...how sensitive is the EG to EMI? It's mounted under my Furman
  6. V

Bypassing buffer on EGv2

I was out of town for a while and didn’t get to try the other method until today. I connected an 18g wire to a ground in loop 1 to another TS plug that I tried in both of the buffer jacks…no change. I even pulled the unit, removed all the relays that I had previously installed to make them...
  7. V

Bypassing buffer on EGv2

Thank you so much, Ron! I'll try it right now. edit: tried the extra loop method and there was no change. I'll make a cable to try the other method later
  8. V

Bypassing buffer on EGv2

Thanks. I tried the ground lift switch yesterday and it didn’t change things. I’ll remove it from the rack today to see if it changes things. I’ve got insulation washers on everything. I know that sometimes bare spots on the rack units where they make contact can cause issues. Everything...
  9. V

Bypassing buffer on EGv2

Thank you for the response, Ron. Next question…should be be noisy when the buffer is bypassed? Sounds like a quiet ground loop with an octave higher square wave on top of it. When the buffer is in the circuit, everything is nice and quiet. Bypassed is pretty ugly
  10. V

Bypassing buffer on EGv2

I’ve read through the manual several times and viewed a number of threads here and still am not 100% certain if the front panel input is routed into the buffer. If I want to bypass the input buffer, do I need to run a cable from “From Front” to “Input 1-4”? Currently, I have the instrument...
  11. V

MMGT16 bank changes on Lexicon PCM91

Thanks, Lee. That's exactly how I got it to work yesterday. I'm still holding out hope that I can get bank up and down working just to make auditioning presets a little easier as I learn more about these devices, but knowing how to program a bank and preset is a great start.
  12. V

of course after scratching my head for a while earlier today, I made some progress minutes after the above post. I still don't know how to make it shift banks up or down, but I can add a CC action before a PC action to select a bank then a preset. This wasn't working with the button type as...
  13. V

I'm hoping someone who has experience with this will have the answer that I've been unable to find. I recently started working on incorporating a couple of Lexicon devices into my setup and haven't been able to figure out how to change banks. The PCM91 has four "program banks" and two...
  14. V

Sysex Messages

I just replied on the TGP thread since I got a lot more traction there for that conversation. On page 3, you should find the complete chart that I created and published that maps out every possible key press as well as several hidden functions (in pink) that do not have physical keys assigned...
  15. V

button no longer showing preset number

Thanks. I ended up re-creating the buttons and it's working again.
Back