Using Fuzz with PBC + Goodwood Audio Interfacer

Thomas Hopton

Hello all,

New to the thread and complex setups, so this may be a noob question. I'm setting up my PBC in stereo running an Orange Rocker 50 and Marshall 1987x with Strymon triology all connected stereo and running through Goodwood Audio Interfacer in case I don't always use both amps.
My question is, I have a JHS Muffaletta in loop 1 on the PBC, and the Interfacer has a buffer that you have to work around. My Line 6 wireless would go into the Interfacer and then into the PBC, but it would have the buffer there too.
How can I keep the Muff in the PBC loop 1, but connect to bypass the buffer on the Interfacer?

Attachments

• IMG_1569.PNG
    IMG_1569.PNG
    286.8 KB · Views: 12
From the Interfacer website it looks like theres a passive thru input on the box, just use that instead of the buffered one.

For guitars with active pickups or fuzz/wah pedals that don’t play well with the buffer, plugging into the passive input completely bypasses the buffer.
You probably also want to make sure you turn off the first PBC buffer when you engage the Muffletta — I do a similar thing with my Scarab fuzz. You can even add both the Muffletta button and the Buffer 1 button to the same button group so as soon as you turn on the Muffletta the buffer will turn off.

From the Interfacer website it looks like theres a passive thru input on the box, just use that instead of the buffered one.

For guitars with active pickups or fuzz/wah pedals that don’t play well with the buffer, plugging into the passive input completely bypasses the buffer.
You probably also want to make sure you turn off the first PBC buffer when you engage the Muffletta — I do a similar thing with my Scarab fuzz. You can even add both the Muffletta button and the Buffer 1 button to the same button group so as soon as you turn on the Muffletta the buffer will turn off.

Thanks for the info Travis,

I did see the passive input. I guess really that means I could just that input for everything since the PBC has the 3 buffers? I just didn't know how important having the buffer from the Interfacer was for my signal chain excluding the use of the Muff. The easier setup would definitely be just going into the passive input, that would make everything simpler.

Yeah you could probably get away without using the buffer at all — the only thing I'm not sure of is if the tuner out still works if you use the passive input? If not, and you want to utilize that, you could go > passive input > pbc > out 1-4 > buffered input/output > in 5-6 > ...

Yeah you could probably get away without using the buffer at all — the only thing I'm not sure of is if the tuner out still works if you use the passive input? If not, and you want to utilize that, you could go > passive input > pbc > out 1-4 > buffered input/output > in 5-6 > ...

Yeah that definitely makes sense. Right now I use the tuner out from my volume pedal. So I'd go, line 6 wireless > Interfacer > volume pedal w/ tuner out to tuner > PBC

I think that would work and not have to use the tuner out on the Interfacer.

A slight tangent: Is there a reason you want the Muffuletta not to follow a buffer? My board has both a Muffuletta and a Fuzz Face-type pedal. The Muffuletta sits in Loop 3 of my PBC, after the first buffer, and it works just fine. Fuzz Faces, on the other hand, don't work well after a buffer, and so I have mine first in my chain, before a wah and the PBC. Muff-style pedals aren't generally bothered by buffers, at least in my experience.

Peace,
Matt

Last edited:
Back