Stop or pause midi clock / midi stop command

aaronf

I have recently integrated an LT into my setup, I love everything it is capable of but have a few questions I can't seem to find answers to in either the manual or on the forum here.

Context:
I am using the LT to send midi master clock to a Pigtronix Infinity, Empress Echosystem delay and Ableton.
I have all of my presets sorted into songs and setlists. I am ALWAYS in a setlist / song and each of my songs has a set BPM that covers each preset within it. Because of this most of my presets have no tempo selected (0.00bpm) but follow the songs BPM.

My first question is, is there a way to 'turn off' the master clock on a specific preset within a song?
I tried using the global preset at 0.00bpm to turn it off but the LT just used the songs bpm.
Those familiar with the Pigtronix Infinity know that many of it's actions are quantised to the first measure of the bar, so simply slowing it down or selecting 0.01 bpm will no work in this instance.
Ideally I would like to use a button on my second page to turn the clock off for tempo freedom and when I bank up to my next song the clock will engage again.

My second question relates to the Pigtronix Infinity specifically.
In the manual under 'MIDI Real-Time Messages' it says 'Sending a MIDI Stop command stops all loop audio regardless of Arm Settings' however there is no CC for a 'Stop Command' only 'Stop Footswitch' which is not the same.
Is there are more general MIDI Stop Command that all midi devices listen to that this is referring to?
I am asking here as I have had no response from the support crew and there is no dedicated Pigtronix forum unfortunately.

Thank you for your help!

Unfortunately, there's no way to stop the clock in one preset in a song. You can stop it for a song by setting BPMs to 0 for both song and preset. Adding an action that allows you to set BPM is planned for the 4.0 firmware.

There is a special MIDI stop command. You can send it using the Sysex feature of the LT. Go to the Sysex tab of the editor, select one sysex message, rename it to Stop. In the Message box, type FC (just those two characters). Then, where you need to send the Stop message, add a Sysex action that refers to that message you just created. You probably also should set up a sysex for the MIDI Start message- create another Sysex and type FA in the Message box.

Thank you for your quick response.
I'm glad to hear there will be a clock command in a future update, I will find that so helpful.

The Sysex message you outlined worked perfectly! Previously I had a few buttons set up to send four or five consecutive stop footswich CC commands to get both loops to stop at the same time but it was unreliable.

For anyone reading this in future please note you must go to the Infinity PC editor and under Boot Settings make sure MIDI Stop is checked so that the Infinity listens to these Sysex messages. Same for MIDI Start.

Back