PBC A/B Output Pan Percentage?

Building a new pedal rig for somebody who uses a pan pedal between two amplifiers with separate effects going to each amp. They want to incorporate the PBC 10 into their rig and said that you could choose the percentage of signal going from each loop to each output to essentially replace the pan pedal? I have yet to find this in the editor if it is an available function, but does it exist?

As I thought, ok thank you!
To follow up, I am thinking if I take loops 1-4 (the pedals that will always be going to either amp)and put them from 1-4 Out into the Pan pedal (Ernie ballVP) and send output A of the Pan pedal to In (5-6) for the pedals that always sit in front of amp A and Output B of The pan pedal to In 7-10 for all the pedals that would go to amp B would that allow me to achieve a similar effect?

As I thought, ok thank you!
To follow up, I am thinking if I take loops 1-4 (the pedals that will always be going to either amp)and put them from 1-4 Out into the Pan pedal (Ernie ballVP) and send output A of the Pan pedal to In (5-6) for the pedals that always sit in front of amp A and Output B of The pan pedal to In 7-10 for all the pedals that would go to amp B would that allow me to achieve a similar effect?

Yes, if you use Out 5-6 for amp A and Output A for amp B, that will work.

Alright And now the tables have turned. The client has now requested if possible to make so the two amps can be in an a/b/y configuration where the output could be overidden by the pan pedal. IE If both amps are running simultaneously one could be driven more than the other. At first thought it was just place the pan pedal at the outputs then split to the amps, but then I became quickly aware of the fact that the pedal would have to be in the middle position in order to have outputs A and B running simultaneously.

Would it be possible to take the send of an open loop and put into the Input of VP and the a and B outputs to in 5/6 and in 7-10 and uses the VP as its own loop to control this on patches where necessary?

That's not going to work - if the loop is turned off, no signal will go to In 5-6 and In 7-10.

The only way I could see it potentially working is to put the pan pedal, in stereo, in loop 7. and put your effects in loops 8-10. You would need to use insert cables to put all the pedals for one amp on the left (tip) side and all the pedals for the other on the right (ring) side. Loop 7 would control whether the pan pedal does anything, turning it off would send to both amps.

Got it, that did not seem to work either, as the pedals in mind were a fuzz and a comp sustain. Really pullin' my hair on this one

The chain Goes as follows Guitar in loops 1,2,and 3 (OD,WHAMMY,TREM) Loops 5 and 6 Are Chorus and Delay 7,8 and 9 Are Comp, Bass Synth, and Fuzz.
I am just trying to find out if there is any possible way to be able to both utilize the ABY Function and Simultaneously have a Pan Pedal that would overide the PBC outputs and allow to send signal more to one amp or another if they were both on.

Is there something in the paralell/series routing that Im missing or a junction box you can think of where this would be possible?
I Cant tell if i am overthinking or if it is actually impossible to achieve this.

The orginal Setup before the Mastermind was Loops 1-3 going into a Pan Pedal that would Go to either the pedals in 5-6 (To A JC 120) or 7,8,9 To A Blues Jr. If in the middle both amps were giving something.

I apologize if any of this is redundant, just trying to really get a good signal flow so I can actually begin to build the board hah!

Do you mean that you tried my suggestion and it didn't work? What did it do (or not do)? Doing the way I describe is the only way I can imagine that would be a chance of it working.

Yeah I Had 2 TRS Cables For the Pan pedal in Loop 7 and tried both Ts and TRS cable for the fuzz pedal in loop 8 tried it with both stereo function pushed in and out and it would only send to one amp.

Are you using insert cables for loops 7 through 8?

In particular, the wiring for loop 8 would be:

Loop 8 send -> Insert cable #1 tip -> fuzz in
Loop 8 send -> insert cable #1 ring -> chorus in
fuzz out -> Insert cable #2 tip -> Loop 8 return
chorus out -> insert cable #2 ring -> Loop 8 return

This would put the fuzz on the left side (output A) and chorus on the right (output B)

Ahh no I was using TRS. In doing this how would I wire the Volume pedal to drop in line to control the panning of loops 8 and 9?
Would it just be Loop 7 Send TRS-> Input A of VP , Loop 7 Return -> Insert Cable And TIP/RING to each of the outputs?

You can use a TRS cable for the pan pedal - it accepts a TRS connection on in/out B, according to the manual. But, you'll definitely need insert cables to split the signal to left and right sides for your two different effect chains.

Back