Way to avoid order effect of two IA actions?

greiswig

Hi,

I'm trying to make this work with my AxeFX3. I'd love to have basically one page to maintain on the GT16, and have one button that controls long delay effects across multiple AFX presets. So for example, if preset 1 uses a multitap delay, but preset 2 uses a standard delay, have the same button control either block depending on which preset is being used.

The problem is that the button seems to only address whichever block is listed first in the IA Actions list. The odd thing to me is that the long press (which changes channels for that block) DOES work.

Yes, if a button controls and is controlled by the Axe-Fx, it has to choose which effect block it's associated with. The first action in the IA list is how it decides. A hold function on a button is considered an independent button, so it can be assigned a different effect.

Button pages, or local button pages are the answer to the problem. You can use a different button page that's almost identical to your main page, except that the delay button is changed to affect the correct block.

Okay, if that's the only way to do it, I'll figure out how to copy and paste pages and make the changes I need to that way. Thank you.

(EDIT)

Back