Axe FX3 assign Scene on button 1-4

Vin

Hello hoping everybody is staying healthy this days.
I've been a happy LT user for about a month now. I have setup most of the button the way I want them to function. Now I'm just trying to tweak my setup for live use.

At the moment I access scene 1-6 with button 1-6 and to access scene 7 and 8 I have to Hold button 3 for scene 7 and button 4 for scene 8. Holding a button can kinda throw off my timing while playing. I can be more comfortable double tapping to access for example scene 8

How do I go about setting the following button 1-4 to:

FIRST tap (button1) to access scene 1, 2nd tap to access scene 5
FIRST tap (button2) to access scene 2, 2nd tap to access scene 6
FIRST tap (button3) to access scene 3, 2nd tap to access scene 7
FIRST tap (button4) to access scene 4, 2nd tap to access scene 8

I've been trying to play around with IA Cycle to make this setup to work but no luck.
I would like Every FIRST tap to access scene 1-4.

Cheers! :)

I'm not 100% certain that we can get it working like that. But you might be able to get it working using Set IA actions. Try this:

On each of the four buttons, turn on Update on Preset Change
On button 1, set IA ID to 1, on button 2, set IA ID to 2, etc.
On the first button, the IA actions should look like this:

System / Step
CC Toggle Axe-Fx III Scene off:None on:0
System / Set IA ID:2 off:None on:0
System / Set IA ID:3 off:None on:0
System / Set IA ID:4 off:None on:0
System / Step
CC Toggle Axe-Fx III Scene off:None on:4
System / Set IA ID:2 off:None on:0
System / Set IA ID:3 off:None on:0
System / Set IA ID:4 off:None on:0

This creates 3 steps - the starting step where no scene is selected, then a step where scene 1 is selected and a step where scene 5 is selected. The latter 2 steps also force the other scene buttons to reset to their first step.

Do the same action list for the other three buttons, but replace the scene numbers as appropriate, and change the Set IA actions to affect every button except the button you're editing.

Thank you very much. I tried your setting. It worked OK (almost there). The only thing to make it perfect is to make the 3rd tap to go back to previous step on the same button without taping twice.
Ex.. From scene 1 to scene 5 is ok, but to go back to scene 1 from 5, will have to remember to tap twice.

I attached your suggested settings and the settings I created using macros. The only problem with my setting is when it run the macros the AFX scene changes gets a little crazy (you will hear/see the afx screen gets crazy on every macro as they run).

About "my-setting-macro" : It has 2 step IA cycle. On the macro I call AI ID to go to Step 4 (blank/just to turn lights off).
I wish there is a command to just turn OFF the lights on a specific button? Or better yet a actual Double tap function on the next firmware.

Attachments

• from-RJM-suggestion.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • my-settings-macro.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Back