Advice for programming strymon timeline and bigsky with PBC 10

What is the best way to customize the presets to bank up and down through a strymon timeline and bigsky. Ie, if I would like to only bank through 15 preselected strymon presets instead of all 125, what is the best way to do this? Through the PBC controller or strymon or both? Any step by step advice on best way to do this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Using Device PC - / + buttons on the PBC is the way I recommend. Have a look at this video for more details:

Using Device PC - / + buttons on the PBC is the way I recommend. Have a look at this video for more details:

Hello and thank you for your prompt response. I have this set up currently with Device PC - / + , however it banks through the entire timeline / bigsky library of 124 presets. What is best way to Device PC -/+ with a preselected favorite 20 presets for each device instead of all of them? Thanks again!

If your 20 presets are the first 20, you can limit it by going to the Devices tab and setting "# of presets" on the device to 20.

That is very helpful, would you mind confirming that this would require me to program my preferred first 20 presets directly on the strymon device, not on the RJM? I have not tried this before on the strymon, but I believe this can be done. Would I need to change the setting on the RJM for how the presets are read (i believe there is some sort of 2-3 letter choice in a drop down menu) Thank you!

All Strymon presets need to be programmed on the Strymon pedal or through the Nixie editor.

Only the "# of presets" parameter should change to match the highest preset number you wish to access.

Both my timeline and bigsky are connected to my mastermind PBC and the PBC is routed out through a custom junction I/O midi box. Which midi port (PBC and where if so, junction box, I or O)do you suggest I route out to connect to my midi adapter to connect to Nixie and please specify I or O. Thank you!

Generally, there are only two ways to connect Strymon pedals to a computer to use the editor software. I don't know how your MIDI connections are wired on your board, but it's likely the junction box will pose a problem, requiring your MIDI wiring to change. These are the two options:

1). Connect a MIDI interface to your computer, then connect output of your MIDI interface to MIDI input of the Strymon pedal, and connect the MIDI input of the interface to the MIDI output of the Strymon pedal. If you only need to use Nixie once to reorder your presets, this would be easier, requiring a quick, temporary change to your MIDI wiring.

2). If you want a more permanent arrangement so you can use Nixie at any time, there's an alternate way to do it. Here are the details:
https://rjmmusic.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/245938 - This may not be compatible with your junction box, however.

Back