toggle IA Mode with an external controller

RainWizerd

I want to toggle IA mode and Bank up/down with an external controller. Is this possible? I cant find any CC charts. Thanks.

IA Mode can be done using an IA button with CC Link:

- Create a device in the Devices page to represent the other controller. Set the channel number to the channel that incoming messages will be coming in on.
- Create an IA button. Turn off all checkboxes except CC Link, which should be on
- Add two actions to the button:
CC Toggle #x off:0 on:127
System / IA Mode

"x" can be any CC number except 0 or 32. When a CC message comes in with CC number "x", it'll turn the button on or off, and will turn IA Mode on or off accordingly.

There currently isn't a way to cause a bank up or down using an incoming message, unfortunately. We would need to write some code to create System / Bank actions (which is possible, but not on the near term to-do list).

You can use external momentary switches to act as additional buttons - that would be easier that using the MIDI approach.

I did think about going the extra button approach, which seems easier. I tried with a boss FS7. I couldnt get it to work but I will try a few more switches I have lying around today. Should this be as easy as just setting up the ExtSw1 to IA mode? Im hoping it was just the fs7. Thanks for the help.

Also, is it safe to power the GT10 with a strymon zuma on 12v? I know they suck a lot of power and I cant find my rjm phantom power box at the moment.

Last edited:
The FS-7 will work, but you need to power it and also need to have the switches set correctly. Information can be found here:

https://rjmmusic.freshdesk.com/supp...n-external-switch-for-a-mastermind-gt-lt-pbc-

Sorry, there's no output on the Zuma that's enough to power a GT. If (and this is a big if) you can use a current doubler cable with a Zuma to combine two outputs to get 1000mA, then that should work. But you would have to contact Strymon to make sure this would not damage the Zuma.

So i canned the controller idea and have been trying a boss fs7 to bank+/- or toggle IA Mode. I cant do either. I have it setup exactly like the link says with a known working trs cable with power. I go to extsw1 and try to set it up with no luck. I also have also tried on all 4 extsw. I have been trying a couple times a week for awhile. I must not have something checked or unchecked. i also write my settings to the device everytime.

Last edited:
I tried the settings here and they worked for me. I can't find the FS-7 I know I have somewhere around here, but it works with one of our 2 button footswitches.When plugged into ExtSw 1/2, did you try both buttons? I can't remember which button is switch 1 and which is switch 2 on that footswitch.

Back