How do bank up/down buttons work?

iaresee

Someone help me be not stupid here?

I have a page where I've got 8 preset access switches defined on it and two bank buttons. One for bank up and one for bank down:

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 1.38.30 PM.png
My preset access switch definitions look like this:

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 1.39.04 PM.png

And then I change the `Preset index` value for each switch to access a different preset in the bank.

I don't see any place to set the bank size, so I'm assuming the RJM computes the bank size dynamically for the page based on the presence of Preset switches and the range of their respective `Preset Index` settings. Is that a correct assumption?

My bank switches look like this:

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 1.40.38 PM.png
When I press Bank Up or Bank Down -- something happens, but not what I'm expecting.

What I want to happen is I want the 8 preset switches I've defined to change their display names to the next or previous bank of 8 presets. And then flash to indicate I should select a preset to activate it.

What happens when I press Bank Up or Bank Down is the RJM jumps to Page 1 and that's it.

I've tried setting min/max on the Bank Up/Down switches (though the text on the switch setting says setting them to the same value causes them to be ignored) but it makes no difference.

I'm missing something fundamental here, I'm certain, but I can't seem to figure out what it is.

Can someome point out my gross error? Thank you!

Another probelm I'm encountering is if I drop to Page 9, my "presets" page shown above, the unit always thinks I'm on the first preset in the bank of preset switches. So that switch is yellow, the rest are green. It doesn't seem to sync with the preset I'm actually on in the bank when the page is loaded.

I also tried using Preset Index 0 on all the switches -- I thought maybe trying to force a bottom row, left-to-right ordering, was breaking things -- but no dice. The Bank Up/Down buttons still don't function correctly no matter how I configure the Preset switches on this page.

Nothing else is running that would be interferring with the functions of the GT22 here.

Feels maybe like a bug?

I'm attaching my settings for reference if someone wants to load them up and see what I'm doing here.

Attachments

• current.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
The preset view I have assigned to the global in the upper right corner works perfectly FWIW -- all switches become preset switches and the PREV and NEXT switches in that view work just as you'd expect.

I think it might be a system setting that needs changing. I'm not at home right now, but if you still have this issue tomorrow, I can take a look at your config.

I think it might be a system setting that needs changing. I'm not at home right now, but if you still have this issue tomorrow, I can take a look at your config.
I never figured it out, so your eyes on the config would be appreciated. Thanks!

It appears that the Page Preview feature is what's at fault. If you turn that off, it works as expected. I'll have to look into that bug.

Back