Has anyone thought of converting rg16 from a rack to pedal

jdurso

I'm just curious if 1) its even possible and 2) if it would be expensive to do. I love the rg-16 but I've moved more in the direction of pedals and would love to find a way to mount it on my pedal board or have it in a pedal format similar to the One control type units

Re: Has anyone thought of converting rg16 from a rack to ped

I believe there's a pedalboard based switcher of some kind on the cards. Don't know any details, but other people have mentioned it too, so I don't think it's a secret!

I thought about mounting an Effect Gizmo on a board at one point, and have certainly mounted Mini Effect Gizmos, but the function switching on the RG16 would mean it'd be better off back by the amp, surely?

Yeah I'm torn about that part but I don't have my roadster anymore so I just have a trs cable coming out of the rg16 into my electradyne. So I'm not too worried about the rg16 being near the amp.

I'm just wondering if it were even possible to rehouse the rg16 into a pedal format.

It would be pretty tricky, to say the least. You need to do some pretty precise metalwork, and will have to wire in footswitches. (If you're not using a separate MIDI controller).

I've seen people wire a RG-16, Rack Gizmo or Effect Gizmo under an angled pedalboard - that seems to be the best approach.

Back