Mastermind GT locking up, randomly changing presets etc

LeeMHouk

1. I am using the MMGT in song mode with a Fractel AXE II, and I have 4 pages of songs that I bank between. This seems to be happening more and more frequently now.
I am using a preset on page 2, bank to page one and use a preset. Then when I hit bank up again, the bottom row flashes yellow (normal) but only lets me select from bank one. It will momentarily show page 2 but always revert back to page one. The only way I have been able to fix this is to unplug the power to the MMGT.

2. Random preset changes after running for about 4 hours:
Towards the end of our shows the MMGT will automatically change presets on me. I will look down at it and it starts doing weird things on its own. after stomping a bunch of presets it usually comes back under control, with maybe a few more occurrences of the same issue.

I am running 1.3.5 right now, though these issues were present with several firmwares previous.

Generally, emails to support at rjmmusic dot com are the fastest way to get a response, but I try to check here as often as possible.

I have not heard of this happening before, but the first thing I'd try is: go into device setup, select Axe-Fx, then turn on the "Ignore incoming PC" setting. This will prevent the Axe-Fx from being able to change presets on the GT. This sounds like it should solve the first issue at least, not yet sure about the second.

Please give it a try and let me know how it works out...

Ron, after making that change I have not had any issues of random preset changes. Thanks, Lee

Back