Search results

1. G

Question regarding copy and preset sequence

Most if not all midi splitters would only pass midi in one direction per cable - no bidirectional communication in other words. Ron, how about a custom splitter box that splits/duplicates the midi out from the GT side of things? Would such a thing even be possible or worth it from a market point...
  2. G

I just tried turning on the midi thru setting on the axe and not having any problems here. Just to make sure - what is plugged into the back of your GT? Is it just the 5 pin midi cable connected to midi out (plus power cable and expression pedals)? IOW you don't have anything plugged into the...
  3. G

Are you using the axe to edit scenes and save them or are you using the 'IA store' function on the GT? I use the former and have no problems but trying to use IA store wouldn't work as you'd expect it to.
  4. G

There's no way to shift all presets by one. A feature like this would not really be useful i don't think anyways. Sequential PC changes are a great starting point for a device and the example you've outlined is a perfectly legitimate way to use the GT and customise things the way you want...
  5. G

Get Preset Names Axe FX II

One other thing I can think of - Is your Axe Fx II set up as an Axe Fx II device in the GT? If it's generic or set up as a Ultra or Standard it probably would still work fine regarding preset and effect changes but the preset name grabbing likely wouldn't work due to different sysex IDs.
  6. G

Get Preset Names Axe FX II

Your cables may have 5 or 7 pins on the plugs but do they have 5 or 7 wires running through them - many 5 pin cables have 3 wires only as that is all the midi standard calls for. I use a HOSA 5 pin cable and it does the trick. Try a different cable if you think this could be the issue. Is...
  7. G

Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL New Product Compatibility ?

I don't own an MFC but as far as I know they posted an updated firmware for it in which you have to select whether you're connected to a Axefx MkI/II or XL. My guess is that they have different sysex IDs and all that may have something to do with it?
  8. G

Axe FX II Firmware 12.01 Compatibility with MMGT...

It's very unlikely that it wouldn't be. AFAIK the midi implementation in the Axe Fx II is pretty much static at this point. Unless there is mention in the AF2 firmware release notes indicating a midi overhaul and the need to update the MFC to maintain functionality then I would assume that...
  9. G

new member questions

Doesn't the G system have a tone sucking input buffer? IIRC they even released a 'special edition' version that fixed the problem, but that doesn't help you... I did a quick google on G system tone loss. Lots of other people seem to have this problem, the solution is to put a buffer between...
  10. G

Axe FX tuner on GT

Hmm... If you're not on midi channel 1 for the axe, try changing it to that. Maybe there's a bug on the GT side of things? That's the only other difference I can think of....
  11. G

Axe FX tuner on GT

fwiw I've been using both 10.12 and 11 beta and they both work fine here. I'm using just a regular hosa 5 pin midi cable though.
  12. G

Axe FX tuner on GT

Hey Toasterdude! I remember I had an issue a little while back where if your tuner isn't on the 'tune' page then I wasn't getting any data on the GT. The axe was definitely going into tuner mode though because it was muting the output (which is how I've got mine set up). Press the tuner button...
  13. G

x/y switching with axe-fx

x/y switching has the same implementation as effect bypasses. That is (from memory) sending a CC value 0 selects X, sending 127 selects Y (more specifically I think it's actually 0-63 = X, 64-127 = Y). Everything you need to know is in the Axefx manual. So on the GT you just need 1 IA button...
  14. G

buttons or bugs?

Do you think you could film whats happening and post a video to youtube for us to see?
  15. G

buttons or bugs?

Also if you post your .rjs file one of us could take a look for you! :)
  16. G

buttons or bugs?

Scene 8 is mapped to a CC value of 127 on the Axe, so I'd suggest looking at the on and off values of your scene buttons. One way to troubleshoot would be to save your settings to USB, then load the default page for the Axefx2 which has 6 scene buttons already set up, and compare how they are...
  17. G

Axe Fx II Scenes

You can use separate buttons for each scene no problems. Or alternatively it would be possible to set up one button to toggle between 2 scenes. The latest firmware has great scene support. I haven't checked myself but the default page for the axefx2 has 6 scene buttons set up. What do you mean...
  18. G

More newbie questions. . . . .

Haha sorry Ron, not trying to raise your blood pressure! I agree, the current presets/banks/pages etc. is already overkill for just about anything anyways!
  19. G

Mark V and Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro/Behringer FCB1010

Re: Mark V and Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro/Behringer FCB10 Not sure about no. 1 - the amp gizmo doesn't transmit any midi to your g-force, so the problem may lie with the fcb1010 or the way the presets are programmed in the gforce - you may have to enable your expression pedal as a modifier...
  20. G

More newbie questions. . . . .

I get what you're saying toasterdude but can't help think that it would be way harder to implement GT scenes in a seemless way than it sounds. I guess the main problem is that most devices don't have bidirectional communication and managing a dynamic amount of scenes within each preset/page and...
Back