Search results

1. C

Which patch cables are you using?

That was certainly my impression.
  2. C

That's very helpful, thanks. I've given the SIS cables a try and will be rewiring this week. As an aside, my current cheapo cables are all straight connectors, since standard Switchcraft style 90s were too tight for the back of the PBC. So, Saturday morning I emailed the SIS guys asking if...
  3. C

Thanks, appreciate the perspective. My priority is quality components, i.e. something that isn't going to crackle, hum or buzz this time next month.
  4. C

When I initially put the new board together I used some suboptimal cabling because it was there and I was still experimenting. Now I'd like to clean things up and I'm looking for the best quality patch cables. I was considering giving the Evidence Audio SIS solderless cables a try and was...
  5. C

Incompatibility with Radial Twinline?

No, I was using the dedicated wall wart for the Twinline since it sat back with the amps. That said, I've taken the Twinline out of the mix. Running the effects in PBC loops gives me the ability to biamp if I want to, an option I don't have if I use the Twinline to toggle the amp effects loops...
  6. C

Clicks when switching A/B outputs

Thanks, Ron. Once I get the power sorted I'll try putting the EVH on the B out and see if that does the trick.
  7. C

I am using the iso transformer on B. I've tried switching amps between A & B but was unable to get rid of the clicks on both sides at once. The Voodoo power will be here tomorrow, so I'll have a better sense of things once I clean up that part of the equation. By the way, the Voodoo switcher...
  8. C

I did some additional testing today with all this in mind and discovered a couple of things. I have a noise gate (Decimator) in the effects loop of the EVH because as a high gain amp it's always going to be hissing. I abandoned using effects loops with the PBC after the Radial problem but also...
  9. C

Are there any products you would recommend for that?
  10. C

Thanks, man. It's good to know it's working without clicks for others, so it's a cat I might be able to skin. I've tested the A/B clicking with all loops off, so I'm thinking the pedals aren't a factor. However, I'll take a look at the power and see if perhaps that's a factor.
  11. C

Thanks, Ron. I don't have a voltmeter but I am using the iso transformer on B and the clicking is less noticeable. I'm not sure if that's because A is a high gain EVH amp and B is a Tubemiester set to a clean tone, or if it's the iso circuit. Probably a bit of both, I would imagine. If the EVH...
  12. C

Hey, guys. The click stopper tech is working fine for the pedals in the loops. All three audio buffers are enabled, and both click stoppers are checked. I'm running 8 effects using loops 1-4 and 7-10 (all series), with nothing in the insert points. I'm using the A/B outs to go to two different...
  13. C

Thanks, I appreciate the ideas and will give them a try. I did a lot of cable swapping but I didn't think to try turning off the buffers.
  14. C

Hey, guys. Just got the PBC today and love it. I do have one issue I haven’t been able to resolve however, and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Forgive the length of the post but I wanted to offer all relevant info. I have a two amp setup (EVH lunchbox, Tubemiester 18). I...
Back