Search results

1. L

Ground Issue; I have tried all the mentioned methods.

NEWER UPDATE! By gee, I've got it. I put the Hum Eliminator in the effects loop (between the send and return). BAM! I am noise free. WOO HOO! Thanks again, Ron!
  2. L

New update: The ebtech unit only fixed PART of the problem. I think I'm going to abandon the idea of the G-String in the loop. I've tried everything and I can't get rid of the hum. With it just in front its quiet, but then I get beautiful preamp hiss and noise. It's better to live with that...
  3. L

Ron, I think I'm losing it. I've got the shorting plug thing down, tuner mute is great. I defeated the grounds on those two cables and now the noise is WORSE. However, using the Ebtech Hum Eliminator, it solved the problem. I think I'm just going to need that unit.
  4. L

Also, I'm assuming a shorting plug is simply a 1/4" jack with the ground and hot wired together? Cheers, Greg
  5. L

Ron, You are the man. I think I'm only going to need two ground lifted cables. I have one of these for my reamping rig: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HumXLR/ I connected it to the effects loop only section and it solved the issue. I suppose if I break ground on two, I'll be a...
  6. L

Ron, EDIT: MOST of problem solved; I'm still getting ground noise when I turn the Decimator on, and it figures, because it's in the loop AND in front of the amp. As I turn the threshold up, the hum makes its entrance. Do you have any recommendations to stop the ground noise from the...
  7. L

I put together my Rack Gizmo controlled switching rig today. I am using an EVH 5150 III with the rig. The issue I'm having is: Whenever I turn any effect on in the effects loop of the amp, I'm getting insanely loud ground hum. I have the effects hooked up all in inserts 5-8; one pedal, my ISP...
  8. L

Rack Gizmo: Two Pedals IN FRONT/Five Pedals LOOP

Thank you for the incredibly fast reply Ron, I 'm going to be starting another topic with another issue I've run into.
  9. L

Rack Gizmo: Two Pedals IN FRONT/Five Pedals LOOP

Hello everyone, I purchased a Rack Gizmo and I would like to know how to put two pedals in front of the amp and five pedals in the loop. I have a Maxon OD808 and an ISP G-String Decimator that need to go in front. I then have a TC Electronic Corona, Flashback, and Hall of Fame, then the...
Back