7-Pin Midi Cable Power

Edit

Hi guys,

I am currently using the Voodoo Labs Power Pedal 2 Plus to power the Mini Amp Gizmo. I am in one of the Line 6 outlets as suggested in the MAG FAQ. It also does not recommend using any more than 4 swtiches for best performance.

So my question is, would be ok to use a 7-pin midi cable from the MAG to provide power to my Ground Control Pro while it's being powered by the PP2P?

I would doubt it would provide enough current output to phantom power a GCP as well. You only get 250mA from each L6 output on the Pedal Power. You could potentially bridge both L6 outputs, to give 500mA, if you're not using it for anything else. Not sure off the top of my head what the current draw is on the GCP.

I don't recommend it - there's barely enough current to power the Mini Amp Gizmo, definitely not enough to do the Ground Control as well.

Yeah, it's a 1000mA adaptor, so there's plenty of juice left to power the GCP. You'd potentially struggle with something that takes a LOT of juice (like the Rocktron All Access) but the GCP should be fine.

Back