Adding a boost to a preset

Quinlanb

I would like to be able to turn my loop 2 on and off from the main preset page. Whenever I do a local page to activate it with buttons 5 or 6 it throws everything into disarray. Is there a best way to add a loop on/off function to the front page of a preset without doing a local page?

You either need to use a local or global button page if you want to change which buttons are on a page. Can you describe what happens when you try it?

That makes sense. I'm still struggling to fully get my head around the local page set up. My current "set list" is really just a single "song" since the band I'm playing with has a very basic sound.

Rather than using multiple songs with the same presets over and over and overI just have a single "Song" on the setlist and 4 presets. A distorted tone, a reverb, a chorus, and a delay. I'd like to be able to add boost to the distortion preset but still be able to switch to the other presets in the "song" as I normally would. This is a difficult thing for me to describe for some reason. If that's not clear I can try again.

That sounds fine, you should be able to do that easily with local button pages. What happened when you tried?

I set up each of the buttons to access a preset and put in the preset number that matched the presets on my list. When i transferred the info to the 6X it got stuck on the first preset. I’d offer to attach the file but the power just went out in my neighborhood. I might be waiting a couple days to get anything up and running.

Generally speaking, you don't assign numbers to preset buttons, they're automatically assigned to the buttons. To make a button that accesses one specific preset, you would use an IA button. These videos have a lot more detail:

Videos 3 and 4 deal with preset buttons, and video 21 deals with fixed preset buttons.

To set up your page, go to the Presets tab, select the desired preset, and then check "Edit Local Buttons". Now right-click anywhere on the PBC diagram. In the menu that pops up, select Copy From Page > 1. That will give you a copy of the original button page. Now, in the Presets tab, right-click on button 6 and select Assign CC > Internal > Loop 2. The last thing you need to do is make sure that Auto Page Select is turned on in the Globals tab.

Video 18 also talks about local button pages in detail.

I'm sorry to hear that your power is out - is this from Ida? If so, stay safe!

Back