Adding a combo amp to rig Help

Reilly

Hi, Everyone
I have a setup just like one of the examples RJM Provides: 4 pedals and 2 effects processors wired in parallel.. It is wired exactly, but only 3 pedals in front of head. My question is, I just purchased a Fender Supersonic 60 Combo, and was hoping to add it to this setup, but not sure how it could be done or if it all would even fit on the RG-16?, so I can run both amps at the same time or seperate with midi (switching on the combo clean/dirty would be a major plus with custom cable?)
Y cable to split output?
Oh Ya, I do have a custom channel switching cable from Cornford MKii head to RG-16

If anyone has any help, I'd greatly appreciate it:) Thank You! Reilly

If you have two loops available, you can use them to A/B switch between the amps. You might need an isolation transformer to prevent hum, but otherwise that'll work well. The only trick is that you wouldn't be able to use both effects processors in the loops of both amps. You'd have to keep them on one amp, or use one processor on each amp.

We do make an interface cable for the Supersonic, so switching between the channels on the amp is no problem.

Thanks for quick reply,, According to your parallel/mini mixer diagram, would it be possible to go out of out6/no to mini mixer input 3 or would this loose the dry signal? If so it would leave me loops 7 & 8 for amps.
If not I think I will have to take something out of effects loop:( if I decide to add this amp. Another thing could i order the supersonic switch cable direct?

In the parallel setup, the dry signal is passed from the output of one loop to the input of the next. So, if you connected out 6 to the line mixer, out 6 will be providing the dry signal to the mixer and loops 7 & 8 would be free to be used for something else.

Thank you! I think this might work, hopefully without an Iso Trans. (no room?) I think this might be a domb question,, but I have a Y Cable 1/4 in TRS to Dual 1/4 in TRSF, (stereo?) Is this ok to splitt signal to go to amps or do I need to get a mono Y Cable?

I will be ordering the Supersonic cable pretty soon.

Thanks again, Owen Reilly

The cable you have has one stereo plug on one side, and two stereo plugs on the other? If so, that's a pretty unusual configuration. I'd verify with an ohmmeter - make sure the tips of all three jacks are connected and the sleeves of all three jacks are connected. If this is the case, then it'll work for you.

Just hooked my combo to RG-16 & Sounds glorious with my Cornford!! I just received my custom cable for the combo to switch channels via midi, and the directions for the Super Sonic is to apply power while holding down #.. My question is, when I do this for a second amp on the RG, will it mess up my switching for my 1st amp? Just checking before I actually do this.

Thanks
Owen Reilly

Since both amps use more the half of the switches on the RG-16, you will have some overlap where one button will control functions on both amps. I'd recommend using the Supersonic settings (hold Function switch 4 on power up.) You'll be able to control both amps, but not fully independently. For example, buttons 1-2 will control the Cornford channel, but buttons 1-4 will also control the Supersonic channel. If you're not running both amps at the same time, you won't have any trouble at all - just use the RG-16 to switch between both amps, and use the other switches as appropriate for the active amp.

This will work out great! I'm amazed of the control I have over my whole system, and with very little noise, thanks to your top notch products... Much Appreciation!

Thanks Again Ron!

Owen

Back