Alternate preset improvement

johrek

Hi!

My use case is probably a bit unusual... so please let me describe it in detail :)

I'm basically using two guitars with my rig (acoustic and electric) and have presets for both in my PBC/6x. So I can easily switch guitars during songs.
So far this works well, but what I'd actually wish to have in this setup is sort of a "fallback mode" for situations where I don't have the acoustic at hand. This could be at a very small gig or even in case of an emergency (broken string, dead battery etc.) during a song. In that case I want all my acoustic presets (that I have ordered in my song lists) to be substituted by a clean sound on the electric guitar. And at best, this fallback mode should be switchable with a button.

In the past I had a Gordius Little Big Giant where this could be achieved by global variables and if-else-conditions. Of course this would be a great generic solution for many scenarios in the Mastermind as well, but on this other hand I assume that the implementation effort would be rather high.

Then it came to my mind that there is already the Alternate Preset feature which is already very close to what I need. The only thing that's missing to achieve what I want is:

- a global setting to automatically always use the alternate preset if one is set
- the possibility to toggle this setting with a foot switch

What do you think? For me it would be totally useful ;-)

Thanks for the suggestion! Your alternate idea is definitely easier than doing if/else actions in general. I'll think about that..

Back