Automatone MK2 Jump button CC and IR cycle

Hi All,
I have set up a page(8) on my 6x to control the arcade buttons on the MK2, They all work except the Jump button.
when the buttons on the MK2 are off I can cycle through with 3 presses on the PBC, the Jump button is ok for the first to - 0 and 5, the third press doesn't turn Jump off.

I have programmed it the same as the other buttons, tried to copy and paste a working button and just chance the CC values, also tried to set it up on multiple buttons with no luck. Can this have something to do with the known timing issue Automatone's have after changing PC's?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 2022 New board 09-06-22.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
If the other buttons work, but that one doesn't, I have to guess that there's something that needs fixing in the Automatone firmware. The Jump button is configured the same way as the other related buttons, and it's sending the correct CC numbers. It shouldn't be related to the PC issue, because you're no sending any PCs, but this may be another issue.

If the other buttons work, but that one doesn't, I have to guess that there's something that needs fixing in the Automatone firmware. The Jump button is configured the same way as the other related buttons, and it's sending the correct CC numbers. It shouldn't be related to the PC issue, because you're no sending any PCs, but this may be another issue.
No worries, I figured that might be the case.

For any one interested I have a reply from Chase bliss, there was an error in the MK2 midi coding.

The attached screen shot is confirmed working. Thanks Paul!

Sorry for the wait on this, Jeremy!
Was hoping to find the answer written down somewhere in my notes (it's written down, now....)

I set up and tested this... Here is what I found (and it's kinda odd, but works)

So, we're talking about CC#22...

Value #0 DOES NOTHING
Value #1 DOES NOTHING
Value #2-127 cycles the JUMP button.

So, if you send ANY value greater than 1, it simulates pressing the JUMP button. Same behavior as if you were just pushing the JUMP button with your finger. Does that make sense?

Here is an example:

1. JUMP is off
  2. Send value #2 and JUMP goes RED (for "ZERO"
  3. Send value #2 again and JUMP goes BLUE (for "FIVE")
  4. Send value #2 again and JUMP goes back off
If you just keep sending that value, it just keeps cycling.
The value in the above example could be any number (other than "0" or "1"

Sorry for the confusion. Let me know if you have any questions!

Paul Uhl (he/him)
MIDI Guru // Chase Bliss Audio
Chase Bliss Audio
527 2nd Ave SE
Suite C
Minneapolis, MN 55414

www.chaseblissaudio.com

Attachments

• MK2 Jump IA cycle.png
    MK2 Jump IA cycle.png
    916.9 KB · Views: 2
Back