Axe FX Function Question

austin

Alright, I'm using my GT22 with an Axe FX XL+.
I have one button that is set with a hold function.

The primary function is:
Axe-FX II XL+:Amp1 X/Y / CC Toggle #37 off:0 on:127
Axe-FX II XL+:Amp2 X/Y / CC Toggle #38 off:127 on:0

The hold function is:
Axe-FX II XL+:Amp1 X/Y / CC Toggle #100 off:127 on:0
Axe-FX II XL+:Amp2 X/Y / CC Toggle #101 off:127 on:0

So basically, the primary function toggles between Amp 1 and Amp 2 while the hold function toggles both amps between the X state or the Y state.

The problem is, if I'm on Amp 1 X and I use the hold function to switch to Amp 1 Y, when I switch to Amp 2, it will be on the Y state.

What I'm wondering is if there's some way to program the hold function to only switch the X/Y state of the active amp and leave the X/Y state of the non-active amp unchanged? If there is, I'm not able to conceive of it.

Not really a problem, just wondering if this was something that was possible or not.
-
Austin

I can't think of any way to do that either. You would need to split the hold function into two buttons, an Amp 1 X/Y button and an Amp 2 X/Y button in order to keep them independent.

One day, we'll have conditional actions, but for now, that's the best we can do.

I can't think of any way to do that either. You would need to split the hold function into two buttons, an Amp 1 X/Y button and an Amp 2 X/Y button in order to keep them independent.

One day, we'll have conditional actions, but for now, that's the best we can do.

I figured that was the case. I have a separate page with a button group that lets me select Amp 1 X, Amp 1 Y, Amp 2 X or Amp 2 Y, so it's not a problem to just use that if I need granular control. For now, I'll just make the hold function affect Amp 1 only so there's no chance of me confusing myself. Instant access to 1 of 3 amps using one button is plenty :D
-
Austin

Back