Axe FX III - New Setlists Feature

kirkbowman

Fractal Audio has released firmware 19.0.6 for the Axe FX III. It includes a new Setlist/Songs feature. (Not the same as Setlist/Songs on the Mastermind.)

This is a request for RJM to add support for the Axe FX Setlist/Songs feature to the Mastermind.

It appears that this is only something accessible through their own controllers. Our songs & setlists should do basically the same thing.
Longtime Fractal user here, and I've had a couple of the FC series pedals. The song and setlist management in the RJM products is vastly superior. Many more slots for everything, and much easier to program on the fly. I love the ease of integration with the Fractal FC pedals, and they do make great products that I use and love. But my MM controller is so much more flexible and powerful. I can't imagine touring without it.

Agree with you regarding the flexibility of the Mastermind controllers. I am in a situation where I have a Mastermind LT at one location and a FC-6 at another. Trying to mirror the functionality with minimum effort.

For me, the biggest advantage of the MM series is the flexibility of the editor, and the capabilities of sending both USB and MIDI messages. The set list functionality in the FC series is a long-needed feature. It doesn't give me quite the same capabilities as the MM. I love being able to create the set list on my laptop and transfer it via USB thumb drive.

Back