Axefx setup with RJM loop switcher (no amp)

claxor

Guys,

I'm new here, so go easy. I've got an AxeFx and a MFC-101 foot controller, and I'm considering getting either a Mini Effect Gizmo or an Effect Gizmo for switching in/out multiple external effects from the AxeFx's effect's loop. I'm trying to figure out the process of having all three parts communicate, but I'm at a loss. Can someone explain the basics I need in order to make all three work together?

Thanks!

basically all you need is a couple of midi cables

midi from controller to axe then midi thru from axe to the effect gizmo, everything being controlled by the mfc.

how you achieve this depends on your individual preferences I always prefer to have each unit on a spereate midi channel others dont like that additional complication. But having the effect gizmo on a seperate midi channel to the axe would mean you can control each unit completely independantly ( as long as the foot controller supports that)
having both units on the same chanel you can run into stuations where a message for the axe also switches on a loop on the effect gizmo.

if both units are on the same channel then any meesage sent to the axe will also be sent tot the effect gizmo, if the effect gizmo reognizes that midi message it will repond to it

its exactly the exactly the same if you have the axe and the effect gizmo on a seperat channel except that to send messages to the effect gizmo you need to program the into the foot controller and send them on the effect gizmo channel.

Back