Bank Up and Down down buttons don't work

Talesmusic

If I make a page with only IA buttons, my page up and down buttons don't work anymore. Is this normal behavior? How can I make them work?

A couple things to check:

- If you want to have buttons that cycle through all pages, you need to have page up and page down buttons on every page
- Make sure that Max Page (in Globals) is set to the highest page that you're using
- On your page up and page down buttons, there are Min and Max settings that control which pages the button can access. Set them to the first and last page you want to access, or set them both to 1 to remove that limit. If they're both set to 1, the buttons will access page 1 through whatever's specified as Max Page.

Thanks! But I meant Bank Up and Bank Down actually, sorry. I made a page with fixed presets (IA > System > Preset) and on the first button the bank up and bank down buttons don't work. They do on the rest though. What am I doing wrong?

Fixed preset buttons don't interact with bank buttons, that's the difference between them and normal preset buttons. For example, if you set up a fixed preset button to recall preset 12, it will only ever recall preset 12.

Fixed preset buttons don't interact with bank buttons, that's the difference between them and normal preset buttons. For example, if you set up a fixed preset button to recall preset 12, it will only ever recall preset 12.
Okay, so If I want to have my whole set like this I have to make multiple pages instead of banks then?

I like to have fixed presets and I like to use local button pages for every preset. I need a page where I have a setup with 4 gain pedal presets and 2 IA Modulation buttons (that changes depending on the kind of OD I use), I use this setup for 70% of the time during the set, so I can improvise with effects depending on how the night feels. I also need completely different setup/pages/banks for a few songs that are more set in stone. By that I mean a whole page with some 3 or 4 presets for just 1 song.

I think using the song mode could be a potential solution, but I'm facing a challenge in changing the last two 'IA' buttons on the first row of each preset without disrupting the preset changing song mode function. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out how to do this yet.

Focus on the songs first. Set up your presets and songs and the corresponding pages. Local button pages are allocated per preset, not per song, so you'll need to create the local button page for one preset in a song, then copy it to the other presets within the same song. Or, if there are not too many different IA combinations that you will need (say, 12 or less), then you can use global pages, which will save some work in the long run because you can reuse the same pages in multiple presets.

If you need up to 4 presets per song and 2 IAs, that leaves only 1 button to work with. You can stack 2 functions on it, but it seems like you need 3 functions. (next song, previous song and go to the effects page). You may need an external switch to add 1 or 2 buttons to your PBC.

The effect page is just another global button page that you can switch to when you need it, that's actually the easy part.

Back