Banking With Strymon

Mkuebbeler

Can someone help me figure out how to stop an infinite delay. This lets me bank down on the Timeline, then essentially hold briefly to enable that preset. The issue Im having is once I bank, then hold the delay constantly repeats over and over. What's missing?Screenshot1.png Screenshot2.png

I highly recommend not trying to use Strymon's banks, they just cause trouble. There are multiple functions stacked on the buttons, you have to hold two at the same time to get some things to work, etc. It doesn't translate well to control by MIDI. Maybe some people here have figured it out a way to make it work and will chime in here, but my advice is to use Device PC -/+ buttons and avoid the headache altogether.

I highly recommend not trying to use Strymon's banks, they just cause trouble. There are multiple functions stacked on the buttons, you have to hold two at the same time to get some things to work, etc. It doesn't translate well to control by MIDI. Maybe some people here have figured it out a way to make it work and will chime in here, but my advice is to use Device PC -/+ buttons and avoid the headache altogether.

What does that look like exactly? I'm still very new to trying to this thing out.

Just edit a button, set Type to Device PC -, and set Device to Timeline. Do the same for another button, setting Type to Device PC +. Pressing the - button will move down one Strymon preset, and pressing the + button will move up one Strymon preset.

Just edit a button, set Type to Device PC -, and set Device to Timeline. Do the same for another button, setting Type to Device PC +. Pressing the - button will move down one Strymon preset, and pressing the + button will move up one Strymon preset.

I see how that works now. Easier than I thought. However, I’d have to go preset after preset to get where I’d want. In the above example, the Strymon pedals bank perfectly. It’s just when you engage the button again things get weird.

Back