Boss over boss

Victor Vos

Is that an expression? In Dutch it is.. It means something like: only one can be the best...

I had some issues with the Mastermind communicating with my axefxIII (and it is complex) and I found a second hand FC6 foot controller. I used it for a few months and now I put it aside and took back my GT10.
What are the differences? What is really nice about the FC6 is that it connects with a single XLR cable providing two way communication as well as power.
The GT10 is connected with the block (does it have a name?) built in the flight case with Axefx and amp where I connect power and midi in and out. This uses my midi out that I want to use for a Roland GR55. The midi cable goes to the midi out of the Mastermind for two way communication so the midi out of the Mastermind is also not available for sending midi out to a Roland..
Now I am not using the Roland for now but if I want to I may need a Midi splitter? Do they exsist?
The Mastermind is so much nicer in visibility and possibilities but apart from the simple connections the FC6 has some options the GT10 has not (has it?) wich are: displaying the destination of a button, like in song mode the next song button can display the title of the next song. I don't think this is possible with the Mastermind, is it? Also: I don't think the Mastermind can read the state of blocks from the Axfx? Very easy with the FC6...
Anyhow , I am a happy (re)user of the Mastermind!
One thing I can't seem to figure out: I used to have a "scenes" page where I select scenes. pressing the active scene (again) took me back to previous page.
I don't know how to recreate this.. maybe it is not possible as the axefxIII works a bit different with scenes than the axefxII...
Any thoughts about this?

Last edited:
If you're using an multibox (if that is what you're referring to a "block"), you'll have a midi through that can be used on that. You should also have a midi thru on the AxFX too. If you actually needed a midi splitter if you don't have the aforementioned options, at minimum you will have a midi through on the axeFX you can use a midi solutions quadro thru box. Regarding scenes and setup, you can pretty much do anything with the GT.

I don't think there is a midi-trough on my box.. I'll check later to be sure.. The midi-through on my AxefxIII does not send my outgoing signals. Maybe that is something I can change in the device...
Yes, I had my scenes buttons as I described but I don't remember how. I think I used a macro for it going on or off... I also think the scenes on the AxefxIII are somewhat different from the previous (AxefxII)

The GT can definitely display the state of blocks on the Axe-Fx as long has you have things set up correctly (mostly, you need a bidirectional MIDI connection). The details are in the GT manual. We don't support showing the name of the next song on song +/- buttons, but it's a good idea. I'll think about that.

The MIDI Thru jack on the Axe-Fx should echo anything that comes into the Axe-Fx MIDI input. If you also need MIDI messages that are generated by the Axe-Fx, then you'll need a MIDI Thru box like the Multibox, MIDI Solutions Thru or something like that.

The GT can definitely display the state of blocks on the Axe-Fx as long has you have things set up correctly (mostly, you need a bidirectional MIDI connection). The details are in the GT manual.
Don't seem to get this working...

It may also help looking at sample configurations of button controls. Once you have the board and Axe configured correctly. I could help you with some sample configurations. A few others on here have posted their files too. That can give you an idea of button configuration....in addition to button assignment or controls you may have not used or not sure how to configure.

Back