buttons or bugs?

toasterdude

I am having some strange intermittent weirdness with the GT. First the bank up button can get "stuck". I hit it once so I can get to a preset in a new bank and it just starts going up till I am at preset 384? By the time I try and hit the scene button in the preset I wanted I am at some random preset?

Also I did a manual programming of Axe scenes, works most of the time, but often, I get a different scene than the button I am pressing. I hit scene 1 and I get scene 8 for example, almost always seems to trigger scene 8.

Also one particular preset only "takes" 70% of the time I kick on preset 101 and sometimes it switches to that preset, some times not? If I step on it a second or third time it will finally kick in?

Are these bugs or are the FS just very sensitive and I am not pressing them correctly?

Just messed with this some more. I am on preset 104, kick on 101 it lights for a sec and then switches to 102? Then if I click 101 a second time it takes?

Also messing with scenes. I am on scene 5, kick on scene 1, FS lights up but axe goes to scene 8, hit FS again on scene 1 and it switches to scene 1. weird part is every switch seems to do it on this patch except scene 5. that takes first try each time or has so far.

Scene 8 is mapped to a CC value of 127 on the Axe, so I'd suggest looking at the on and off values of your scene buttons.
One way to troubleshoot would be to save your settings to USB, then load the default page for the Axefx2 which has 6 scene buttons already set up, and compare how they are programmed. Make sure that the 'send cc on off' setting is turned off for the button group - I had lots of problems like you until I turned that setting off.

I've had an intermittent weirdness problem before similar to what you're describing and it was caused by having another device set up in the GT set to the same midi channel as the Axe. Each time I changed presets the Axe would get 2 PC messages and if I was changing presets quickly it would get stuck in a loop.

In my experience the buttons on the GT are very sensitive and even slight touches are enough to trigger which is great for programming using your hands, but can be a bit tricky if you're wearing large shoes :) chuck taylors do the trick though!

Thanks. In the latest version of the editor there is a bug with scenes. I tried to manually program and maybe or likely I screwed up. Lol

However, since other buttons seem to be doing whacky stuff I thought it was all related.

I did try making achange to one button and it now goes correctly to scene 1 but I get a half second of scene 8 before getting to scene 1.

I guess i will wait till the scenes issue is corrected and figure out what I did wrong. I am not a midiot but am also
Far from an expert.I am sure I will learn a ton here.

Ok, a couple of things to check here:

Try the buttons without the Axe-Fx attached, as Glennski siad - you can get into a feedback loop between the Axe and the GT. A more permanent solution is to turn on "Ignore Incoming PCs" for the Axe. (in the GT's device settings)

The buttons are pretty sensitive - they only need to be pressed down a small amount for them to register. I'm working on alternatives for those who are having trouble with them. Fortunately, it's pretty easy to swap buttons on the GT.

rjmmusic said:
Ok, a couple of things to check here:

Try the buttons without the Axe-Fx attached, as Glennski siad - you can get into a feedback loop between the Axe and the GT. A more permanent solution is to turn on "Ignore Incoming PCs" for the Axe. (in the GT's device settings)

The buttons are pretty sensitive - they only need to be pressed down a small amount for them to register. I'm working on alternatives for those who are having trouble with them. Fortunately, it's pretty easy to swap buttons on the GT.

Hmmm.....OK.

I just disconnected axe and messed with GT, the buttons seem to behave more "normal". I guess I need to actually read the manual. It appears that with bank buttons, a single press increments one bank, double press activates incrementing in 5 banks? Also without Axe connected when holding down bank buttons the GT seems more responsive. Only once have I gotten the banks to start scrolling quickly on the bank up button but I was easily able to stop it by hitting the bank up button again. ot so with Axe connected, or at least not so far.

OK, I lied. Still with Axe not connected buttons do whacky stuff. The buttons assigned to preset 1, scene 1 and scene 7 along with bank up seem more problematic. I have gotten the bank up switch to be "stuck" and nothing I could do to stop it from reaching preset 384. The scene 1 button seems to work 50% of the time or less. When it acts up, I can click it 20-30 times and nada. I have to click another scene button and come back to scene 1. The preset buttons seem to work 98% of the time except the first one, which may fail 20% of the time.

I'm just starting to see this for myself - the last batch of switches seem to have some sticky ones. I am looking into it and will report back ASAP. The good news is that it's pretty easy to swap switches on the GT.

rjmmusic said:
I'm just starting to see this for myself - the last batch of switches seem to have some sticky ones. I am looking into it and will report back ASAP. The good news is that it's pretty easy to swap switches on the GT.

Good news I guess. I was a bit worried as the scene buttons could very well be me screwing up the programming but bank up and preset buttons would be hard for even I to screw up.
Lol, it was also intermittent so not likely software. I think some may be sticking and some not always making good contact?

If it is in fact the buttons we'll have to coordinate shipping mine as I will be In colombia for three months, I will traevl back to US a few times in that stretch but not always to the same place. Moving target I guess. I guess I can continue on messing with programming and not bother to videotape since it seems it may be buttons?

If you don't mind replacing the switches yourself, I can stick 'em in a Fedex envelope get them whereever they need to be as long as we have a 2 day window.

Sounds great. I will email the CS address to give you guys an address. Sending ground will be fine as it will be two weeks before I am in the states again. Let me know when you have the new switches in stock.

Back