Can't Turn Off IA State On Preset Select.

Paulg2uk

Hi guys,

I'm having a slight issue with my setup. I'm using my GT with my Axe FX and Rack Gizmo which all works great. I have some other presets setup on the AXE and GT so that I'm just using axe with my amp models etc bypassing the the rack gizmo and my physical amp.

When selecting a certain few presets that only use the axe there's one IA switch one the GT that always comes on when the presets are selected and I can't seem to tun it off. When in the GT's editor it displays as red and in the preset select menu and no matter what I do I cant seem to unselect it.

Any ideas why the might be happening?

Many thanks

Paul

First, make sure that you're using 3.1.1 - I fixed something that sounds similar. If that's not the issue, then please send me your settings.

First, make sure that you're using 3.1.1 - I fixed something that sounds similar. If that's not the issue, then please send me your settings.

Hi Ron,

I did update to 3.1.1 anyway. The problem seems to have rectified itself I must of had the same IA added to the GT somewhere else that was triggering that IA. Would there be any reason why I can't deselect an IA in the editor? It would appear in red meaning it was set to be on when the preset was recalled.

Thanks

Paul

If you can't deselect it, check to see if it's assigned to a group. If the button's in a group, and that group has "Allow all buttons off" turned off, then you won't be able to turn the button off.

If you can't deselect it, check to see if it's assigned to a group. If the button's in a group, and that group has "Allow all buttons off" turned off, then you won't be able to turn the button off.

Thanks Ron, I gotcha now. Just one other thing.

I have a pog hooked up to loop 7 on the rack gizmo as you recommend with another pedal in loop 8. These 2 are running thru the fx loop of my amp.

My issue is having setup and IA to turn on and off loop 7 on the Rack Gizmo. Lets say I'm on a clean setting and have the pog on via the IA. When I then switch to my dirty channel scene on the GT the pog doesn't turn off but stays on. The other IA's seem to turn off when doing this as they are all from the axe fx and controlled via the scene functions.

Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks again

Paul

Last edited:
An IA that controls the Rack Gizmo needs to be configured quite a bit differently than an IA that works with the Axe-Fx. Make sure that the loop 7 IA has Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned on, momentary turned off, IA Link turned on.

An IA that controls the Rack Gizmo needs to be configured quite a bit differently than an IA that works with the Axe-Fx. Make sure that the loop 7 IA has Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned on, momentary turned off, IA Link turned on.

Thanks Ron, I'll give it a go. Just one more thing when I use my other amp with the same setup the amp channels seem to be proud the wrong way. So channel 1 is 2 and chan 2 is 1 etc. Is it just a case of switching the invert function on the rack gizmo?

Thanks again
Paul

Hi Ron,

I'm still having trouble with loop 7 on the rack gizmo when turning on an IA on the GT. I've turned on IA link, Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change but loop 7 or the IA doesn't seem to want to turn off when I hit another scene change on the GT. Any ideas what else to try?

Many thanks

Paul

Do you have another button that also controls loop 7? That's the only other thing I can think of.

Do you have another button that also controls loop 7? That's the only other thing I can think of.

Hi Ron,

The only other button I have with loop 7 attached to it is a scene set up to bring that loop in as a lead scene. Its basically the Pog along with the axe's reverb, solo control and amp chan 2.

Would that have an affect on the separate IA switch that is setup then?

Cheers

Paul

It could if the loop action is the first action in the list. Try moving the action to the end of the list if it's not there already.

It could if the loop action is the first action in the list. Try moving the action to the end of the list if it's not there already.

Hi Ron,

I just checked and the action to turn on loop 7 is at the end of the list. Any other suggestions you can think of?

Cheers
Paul

At this point, no. Please send me your settings and I can figure it out...

Thanks Ron, Sure no problem here's my GT's settings file. I'm sure its something I've not set correctly.

Cheers

Paul

Attachments

• 23:02:16.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Ah, ok, I missed something you had said earlier - you're switching scenes, not presets. Scenes only affect things on the Axe-Fx and not anything else on the GT. You can get IA buttons to change automatically when you switch presets, but not scenes. (The IA buttons that control the Axe-Fx will change, but that's only because the Axe-Fx communicates back to the GT and tells it which effects are on or off for the current scene).

What you really need is the ability for one IA to turn off another one, without using a group. This is something planned for the future. Unfortunately, there isn't a great solution for you right now. You could add actions to the scene buttons to turn off the Rack Gizmo loop, but they will not turn off the POG button.

Ah, ok, I missed something you had said earlier - you're switching scenes, not presets. Scenes only affect things on the Axe-Fx and not anything else on the GT. You can get IA buttons to change automatically when you switch presets, but not scenes. (The IA buttons that control the Axe-Fx will change, but that's only because the Axe-Fx communicates back to the GT and tells it which effects are on or off for the current scene).

What you really need is the ability for one IA to turn off another one, without using a group. This is something planned for the future. Unfortunately, there isn't a great solution for you right now. You could add actions to the scene buttons to turn off the Rack Gizmo loop, but they will not turn off the POG button.

Thanks Ron,

Its not a big problem I can live with it, I was just checking to see if it was something I wasn't setting on the GT that's all. I appreciate you taking a look for me. I'll look out for any future updates that might come up.

Cheers
Paul

Back