Changing amp channrls

MGuitaro

I’m using a PBC10 with 2 voodoo labs control switchers, each with a custom cable from bestronics to the footswitch jack of 2 EVH 5150 100 watt amps (a stealth & an el34) I can change channels on each amp directly from the buttons in the voodoo labs units (except the green channel in the stealth doesn’t light up for some reason.) but I cannot get it to save any of these.

The manual says to hold down buttons 1&4 to save & they will blink but it doesn’t work. I am trying to set up presets in the pbc10 to change the channels

Do you have any devices configured in the Edit Devices menu, or the Devices tab of the editor software? You need at least one defined there, and you also need to make sure the Control Switchers are set to the same channel that's in the Devices settings on the PBC.

I have both control switchers listed in devices. The switch connected to the EVH EL34 is on midi channel 2 & the switch connected to the EVH STEALTH is on midi channel 3

Midi channel 1 is a Jvm410hjs which works perfectly. Channels 4 & 5 are 2 MEGX’s and 6-14 are various pedals that all work.

Everything works except the 2 EVH amps

The CS manual says you need to send a PC message from your controller first, then save your preset on the CS. Have you tried that approach?

The CS is a great unit, I used it for a few years, but sold it when I changed my setup. I never saved presets on it or used PCs to control it from my MMLT. I just setup IA buttons mapped to the default CC (80-83) messages instead.

We've been chatting through the Helpdesk and sent instructions this morning. Our recommendation was also to use CC messages instead of PC.

The CS manual says you need to send a PC message from your controller first, then save your preset on the CS. Have you tried that approach?

The CS is a great unit, I used it for a few years, but sold it when I changed my setup. I never saved presets on it or used PCs to control it from my MMLT. I just setup IA buttons mapped to the default CC (80-83) messages instead.
I just sent you an email … it’s not allowing me to open the file you sent me, it says the file is too long.

I just sent you an email … it’s not allowing me to open the file you sent me, it says the file is too long.
I’m assuming you’re referring to the RJM team (not me)? I don’t mind answering questions, but they’re way better at the tech support thing than I am. I’m just a simple dude who plays guitar and uses RJM gear. :)

Back