Connecting 4 External Switches to GT..which adaptors needed?

luca9583

I'm trying to connect up to 4 external switches to the GT.

I've got 3 G Lab wah pads with TRS jacks that have been modded for tip and ground only with ring unconnected. These work like normal TS footswitches on all my other gear and work perfectly if only plug two of them into the GT (each going into one of the TRS external switch inputs on the GT).

I tried using a simple breakout adapter that splits male TRS into two mono L & R TS females, but when i try and hook up two of the wah pads it seems to cancel out the switches and neither seem to work.

Do i need to configure anything in the GT or does the GT actually want to see tip for one footswitch and ring for the other to get a pair of them working through one jack on the GT?

Alternatively could it be that the ring is in fact connected on the pads and that i need to run each pad to a TRS to mono TS adapter first?

Re: Connecting 4 External Switches to GT..which adaptors nee

An adapter that converts a TRS to left (tip & ground) and right (ring & ground) plugs is all that should be required. If you plug only one pedal into the adapter, does it work? If so, does it still work when you switch it to the other connector?

Back