Copy Preset Giving me a headache

seattleguitarist

I'm not sure what i am doing wrong but i cannot get the copy preset to work in what i would consider a proper way. I am controlling a Marshall jvm head with an Axe Fx II. I didn't want to have to start from scratch for each preset. This led me to try and copy a preset,make any changes i want, and then save the new preset. Sounds easy enough... However what i am finding is that after i copy a preset any changes i make to the "new preset" are also affecting the original preset. If i want to have certain buttons activated for one preset and not on another i cannot do it after using the copy feature. This does not sound right to me. What am i doing wrong or is this how the pedal is currently set up? Any help is greatly appreciated because i am losing my mind trying to figure this out.

I just did a brief test to see if I could get the problem to occur here, and was not able to get it to happen. I could change the IA buttons for each preset independently, even after copying presets.

Can you send me your settings file so I can give it a try?

I sent you the settings file i am using. I have the first 10 presets set to each of the Marshall JVM channels that i might use. I figured i would keep those and copy them making adjustments for the other units i am controlling but as i said it is not working as i planned. Thanks for the help.

Back