Custom page configuration help

shuffle

Hi Guys,

I currently have page 1 setup fairly similar to the default config of the PBC, page 2 is loops as per normal and page 3 is switches. I created a page 4 for Midi control stuff (timeline and reverb pedals) but I have a unique request for page 5.

I would like to create a bottom row of 6 presets for my overdrive pedal combinations only (no wet effects to be controlled). I would like these six presets to remain fixed. Currently when I set the button to 'preset' it just loads the next 6 presets in the list. Is there a way to make them always load a fixed preset?

The top row I would like to create buttons for instant access to some loops (tremolo chorus etc) and a few direct access to reverb types and delay sounds via midi (I have read another post that details this process using groups, and editing the global tab to allow a repress to turn off the delay/reverb - so I know this can work).

My main question is how do I create the 6 basic gain sounds as always accessible on page 5 from within any preset? Is it even possible?

No problem, one question first. Do you want the buttons to select PBC presets (that affect loops, outputs, switches, etc. AND the settings on all devices), or should they select only the preset on your overdrive?

I hope I understood the question correctly..
Selecting PBC presets will be fine.. I can create a few presets with the different pedal combinations I need to have them ready to roll for the 'overdrive' section of the page.

To clarify my question, this might help:
Page 5
Button 1 Compressor only on
Button 2 Compressor and Timmy overdrive only
Button 3 King of tone only (disengages any other over non wet effect like the Timmy and compressor)
Button 4 Rat only (same as above)
etc etc

If I engage the chorus and reverb effects from the top row of switches, I can still switch from button 4 to button 1 on the bottom row and have the overdrives change, but the chorus and reverb are still on.

Hope that helps,

Last edited:
Ok, edit each button, set type to IA. Turn off all checkboxes, except IA Link which should be on. Set Group to 1. If there are any actions in the list in the lower left hand corner, select them and click Remove Action. Then, click Add Action. On the right, set Type to System, subtype to Preset. Set Preset Number to the number of the PBC preset you wish to recall. Repeat this for each button, setting a different preset number on each one.

So I can't quite get it to function as desired just yet. Right now I have created a few presets and can access those correctly from page 5 at any time.
However when I change one of those presets on page 5 (say from a low gain sound to a high gain lead sound) it is turning off my wet effects (although the LED for those wet loops stay on). I'd like to leave the wet effects loops open at all times unless I physically turn off (for example) the reverb and delay. All I want to change are the overdrive pedal combinations with one press.

Not to take away the main point of this thread away but I am having another issue which I hope is an easy fix. Whenever I load a setlist, it never loads the first song in the set. Its loading the same song everytime, which i think is song 5 in the test setlist I made

I attached my file. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• RJM mastermind presets.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
That's the difference between selecting presets on the PBC vs selecting presets on a device. When you select a preset on the PBC, it affects everything - it sends program changes to all of your devices, sets the audio loops to the settings contained in the new preset, etc.

If you only want your pedals to change presets, then you need to send program changes to those devices and not change presets on the PBC. Some information on this is listed here:
http://www.rjmmusic.com/wiki/index....up_of_Buttons_that_Recall_Presets_on_a_Device

The issue regarding setlists will be fixed in the upcoming 4.0 firmware release.

Back