Daisy chain 2 Mini Effect Gizmos

I don't have space on my pedalboard for an Effect Gizmo, is it possible to daisy chain two Mini Effect Gizmo's together? Thus giving mire inputs but saving space as I could stack them. If so, how is it done?

Thanks,

Replied in the other thread, but you just need to connect the output of the first one into the input of the second. Then a MIDI cable from the MIDI thru of one to the MIDI in of the other. If you're using MIDI CC#s to control loops rather than program changes, you'll need to set them to use different CC# ranges, but this is very simple (hold down loop 1 on power-up, then turn button 5 OFF on one of them, but keep it ON on the other - this will set one to CCs 80-84 and the other to CCs 88-92).

MIDI CCs enable you to turn on and off individual loops using Instant Access switches on your foot controller. Depends what controller you're using as to whether this is useful. YMMV.

No, I'd probably not connect the buffer on the 2nd unit. Although I'd most likely try both and see which sounded better. Sometimes extra buffers are helpful, sometimes not. Or if you're running sensitive devices like fuzz pedals or some wah pedals in the first unit, it might be better to use the buffer in the 2nd unit instead - some (particularly older) pedals don't like being placed after a buffer in the signal chain. Try it and see :)

Thanks Martin!

I will probably start by using my Hughes & Kettner Switchblade midi foot controller and see how I get on.

I really want to find an LCD display/alphanumeric display that I can connect up via midi that I can programme the name of my patches into - rather like a Voodoo Labs Ground Control for example, but I can't see anything out there. I really don't want to double up on something like a Ground Control unit, big and expensive.

I wonder if there is a piece of Midi software that I might be able to plug into an iPad and it reads the midi signal and displays a name accordingly.

Any thoughts?!

I'm sure it'd be an easy app to develop for anyone who has any app programming knowledge. Just needs to listen to the MIDI in port for any MIDI PC numbers, then display text from a lookup table that corresponds to that number. I've not got the programming skills myself (and I have neither a Mac nor an iPad / iPhone) but I know a couple of people who might be willing to give it a go. I'll ask around.

Back