Delay/lag when switching between presets

luca9583

Are there any settings that affect the speed when changing between presets?

I've currently got a GT-16 controlling an Effect Gizmo, an amp with a relay controlled channel switch (controlled by the Gizmo), and an additional midi controlled preamp.

I'm finding that there's a lag when switching presets, which is strange given that there are only two units in the midi chain.

How much of a lag are you experiencing? I just shaved about 130msec of time off of the preset change time for 2.0. Would that do it?

rjmmusic said:
How much of a lag are you experiencing? I just shaved about 130msec of time off of the preset change time for 2.0. Would that do it?

That sounds great. I'm getting enough lag to not be able to switch sounds on the beat as desired. For proper troubleshooting, i set the rig up so that the amp is always on a heavy crunch channel and the preamp is always on a clean channel, with the Gizmo doing the switching between the two units. In that scenario i get the lag. I'll do some more testing..a good way to see if it's a preset switching issue might be to see how quickly the Gizmo changes to PC messages while in Edit Preset mode on the GT.

Try this firmware update (attached). See if that fixes it for you...

Attachments

• MMGT146.rjf
    631.3 KB · Views: 103
Hi Ron,

Is this firmware update a general release that I should download or should I wait for the official posting?

Alex

You can give it a try, I'm not sure it will get any official announcement or anything - this was an "emergency" release I did for a big-name band. The preset changing speed is the only change.

Superb! Just fired up the GT with this firmware update and the preset switching is now super fast!!!!

Thanks Ron!!!

I also noticed a slight lag when switching presets while I was setting up my new MMGT16 with my Axe Fx II and Mesa Boogie TriAxis. Found this post and upgraded to the 1.4.6 firmware last night. Switching presets is lightning fast now! Thanks so much!!!

Back