Digitech Drop

Hey Ron, I would like to add a Digitech Drop pedal on my chain. I’m using the Pbc 6x. Can you tell me how to set it up on some songs in my setlists without me making another set of presets. I just want to have one button dedicated for that pedal. So whenever i need it I’ll step on it and all the preset programed on that song will be affected. Should I set it as a Global preset?

That should be an IA button. Button page 2 has buttons that control each individual loops without changing presets - you can use one of those, or copy it to another page if needed.

I get what you mean Ron. Does that apply to per song and affect every presets in a song? I don’t want to step on the drop loop everytime I change presets in a song. Thank you.

I get what you mean Ron. Does that apply to per song and affect every presets in a song? I don’t want to step on the drop loop everytime I change presets in a song. Thank you.
Depending on how you configure it, it could be completely independent. It turns on or off when you press that button, but is completely unaffected by preset or song changes.

Ron, I tried unchecking the Send on Preset Change and Update Update state on Preset Change but it does not work. The Drop loop turns off when I change presets in a song. Also, the button where I assigned the Drop pedal carries it on my Song Page, meaning one of the Song’s preset button changed into a Drop button.

Ron, I tried unchecking the Send on Preset Change and Update Update state on Preset Change but it does not work. The Drop loop turns off when I change presets in a song. Also, the button where I assigned the Drop pedal carries it on my Song Page, meaning one of the Song’s preset button changed into a Drop button.
I think I solved it. I located the independent option in the actual Unit and turned it on, then on the computer I disabled the Update and send on preset change.

FWIW I have my digitech drop at the beginning of my signal chain (out of the PBC) and I label the songs where I need it as:

SongName (-3)

Where the -3 means turn on the Drop pedal and set it to 3 semitones lower. For me it’s usually a “whole song” setting so this works well. If only the drop had MIDI!

Thanks Fante. That’s actually a good idea! I include the Drop on the PBC 6x’s chain thinking it cannot color the sound when it’s bypassed.

Back