[DONE] Potential Expression pedal function

ahhuang

Hi RJM guys,

I'm not sure but It seems that the exp pedal on the PBC works globally, ie. we can only control specific parameters on 1-2 devices, by assigning relevant CC numbers, and we can also use the pedal to work as a switch button when moving above or below a position.

Then I came up with an idea that, say I have a timeline, and I would like to edit a preset on the fly with the PBC selecting a certain bank on timeline, and using an exp pedal to respectively set delay time, repeats, or mix, etc, by pressing a button which is set to tell the exp pedal what parameter to control. Specifically, I create a button page for the timeline, and assign bank +/- buttons as normal to select an algorithm, and a "delay time" button, “repeat” button, "mix" button, and so on. Then after I press the “delay time” button, I could use the expression pedal to set my delay time(ie. sending CC values to CC# 3), then press "repeat" button to set repeat times (sending values by exp pedal to CC# 9)...after all the desired parameters are done, press IA store to save this preset on timeline.

I did some searching on Youtube but couldn't find similar operations. It will be nice to have this function, so that many midi-capable devices can be set and saved with out bending down and turning the actual knobs on the effect processor itself.

Thanks!

Back