Dry Kill for Out 5-6 output

Josh Demolar

Not sure if this particular situation has been addressed before, but I couldn't find anything. I'm running a WDW setup using Out 5-6 going to my dry amp, and Out A & B to my L & R wet amps. It's great, the only issue I have is when I want to turn off the dry signal (within the PBC) for ambient pad-type sounds (using TimeLine and BigSky in parallel mode in loops 8 & 10 with their internal dry signals turned off), it still outputs to the dry amp. If I just run plain stereo without the dry amp coming from Out 5-6, turning off the dry signal works perfectly.

Is the PBC's dry signal switch only for the line mixer in loops 7-10, or can it be used to mute the output of Out 5-6 while still sending the dry signal to loops 7-10?

The dry signal switch only affects whether the dry signal reaches the internal line mixer or not. Output 5-6 will always have the signal from loops 1-6, it can't be switched off. If using a stereo setup (not wet/dry), then turning dry on and off will give you dry+wet or just a wet signal. The only way to do it in a wet/dry setup is to use Send 6 instead of Out 5-6. Then, you can switch loop 6 on or off to enable or disable the dry signal.

Last edited:
Back