dumb questions

toasterdude

I am not a midiot but also far from expert. I was wanting to use the MMGT to recall Axe FX scenes combined with POD HD Pro IA states at the same time. I can get it to sort of work but not really. I think the issue is the POD CCs only do togge for the FS1 to FS8 functions?

What I would love to do is have buttons on MMGT that:

1-selects scene 1 on two axe fx. . .easy peesy
2- selects scene 1 on 2 axes, plus turn on a phaser with FS2 on a POD
3-selects scene 1 on both axes and turns on two mutrons on each POD via FS3 on both PODS
4-selects scene 1 on both axes and 4 different fuzz type stomps via FS1 on both PODS

There is more but we get the idea. . . .lol

All the above sort of works except if I select button four to have all 4 fuzzes active, then select button 1 to go to scene 1which is all amps on both axes clean, the four fuzzes stay on. I thought I would be able to have button 1 have 10 acttons applied. 2 to select scene 1 on two axes, then 8 to send off commands for all 4 FS on the two PODS. I can't seem to find a way to send off commands via CC just toggle commands. Am I dreaming and there is no way to make this work?

Currently I am just using 8 buttons for axe scenes and 4 for POD FS control. Works well but in some cases I need to tap 2 or 3 buttons rather than 1. Yeah, I am lazy. . . .lol. . .

Ok, are you using presets for these buttons? And, if not, can you? That kind of thing is easiest to do with presets. It's not impossible to do with IA buttons, but more difficult.

The POD HD has some weirdness in its MIDI implementation. If I recall correctly, there's no way to tell a button to turn on or off, you can only tell it to toggle. This requires a somewhat elaborate setup. The details of how to get it done are in the forum here somewhere - I'll dig for it when I have a chance.

I do have a POD HD500 here (same MIDI implementation), so I can test your configuration if needed.

Trying to not use presets. I think that is the issue, pod only does CC toggle I guess. Going to dig around to see if they have a midi spec anywhere. I only really use FS1-FS4 on the POD for most part. Actually cool as I can assign two fuzzes and a filter to one pedal inside the POD. If there is a workaround that would be cool.

Back