[DONE] [Editor] "Preset" option for PC Actions

ZachSelindh

I would find it incredibly useful if I could use an IA Button Action to send a PC message to a device that re-sends the PC message that's saved as part of that preset. For example, if I have a 4-step IA Cycle button that sends PCs to my H9 to pull up three different overdrives (PCs 31, 32, 33), but the preset I load sends PC 15, I'd love to set my IA Cycle Step 1 to "PC on: 'Preset'" and have my button send PC 15 when it reaches Step 1 to restore my preset.

Does that make sense? Would that be helpful to anyone else?

That’s great! Would unlock ways to control my MIDI multi-effects dynamically without losing my “place” in presets!

Thanks for considering it!

Could you not do this by turning on resend stuff on second button press. I regularly use this when I've gone changed what's in loops or a particular devices preset, then want to revert that sound back to saved without having to change patch and come back - I just hit the preset button again, and back to saved state.

In your case you can make a 3-step cycle through whatever you like drive-wise with the cycle button (31/32/33), but hit the preset button again and it's back to default drive that was saved to the preset (15).

Might not be 100% as elegant, but functionally identical (and saves having so many cycle steps to tap through)

Could you not do this by turning on resend stuff on second button press. I regularly use this when I've gone changed what's in loops or a particular devices preset, then want to revert that sound back to saved without having to change patch and come back - I just hit the preset button again, and back to saved state.

In your case you can make a 3-step cycle through whatever you like drive-wise with the cycle button (31/32/33), but hit the preset button again and it's back to default drive that was saved to the preset (15).

Might not be 100% as elegant, but functionally identical (and saves having so many cycle steps to tap through)

Won't work for me because I depend on 2nd preset calling up an alternate preset. But thanks for the suggestion!

Back