Effect Gizmo & Bogner Ecstazy: chanels switching supported?

one-r

I sent an email to the RJM support. Ron Menelli from RJM support answer me in 5 hours :cool: Charley Polacheck from Bogner support answer me too. Here I post my question + both answers and develop the question more.
Thanks to both of them!

My innitial question:
I'm curently building a switching system with a RJM Effect Guizmo and a Bogner Ecstasy 101B.
I bought a medusa cable to plug thefootswitch input of the Ecstasy to the Effect Guizmo output's n° 9,10,11 and 12 in order to use switching latching system.

I'll programm that this week end but I still don't know if it will work properly. Do you know if these 2 items are compatible?

When I'll switch for exemple the chanel n°1 I'll send an impulsion to the jack 1 to enable the chanel 1. Afterwards, when I'll want to enable the chanel 2 I'll send an impulsion to the jack n°2 to enable the chanel 2. But THE QUESTION IS: Will I have to also send an impulsion to jack n°1 to disable the chanel 1?

Ron Menelli:
Hello,

The medusa cable will work with loops 9-12. You can on;y switch 4 functions this way, but it will work. For the channels, you need to set the switches to be momentary, which takes only a few seconds and is described in the manual. You also should use the grouping mode to make the channel switches work together - once you do this, activating one channel switch will deactivate the others.

Charley Polacheck:
This device should work. We don't have the RJM unit here, so you must contact them regarding functionality. Keep in mind that the channel switching is momentary and the rest of the functions are latching.
Thanks,

Re: Effect Gizmo & Bogner Ecstazy: chanels switching support

So Ron, is it possible to use momentary on few outputs (lets say 9 to 11 for chanel switching), and latching (output 12 for boost)?

the momentary switching can be set individually on each loop, by default all are set to latch. So Yes you can set loop 9-11 as momentary.

YOu also as Ron mentioned need to set loops 9-11 as a group, that way when you select one of the loops 9 to 11 all other loops in the group will be off

Hi

I'ts now working properly.
The channel switching is momentary and the switch is normally off. The boosts and all other functions are latching.. It's no needed to enable invert mode. It sounds better with the bufer.

For information about medusa cable:
The pin layout is as follows:
1 Standby
2 Boost 1
3 Loop
4 Channel 1
5 Boost 2
6 Channel 2
7 Channel 3

I assume these pin numbers equate to the numbers of the 7 pin XLR plug?

Yes, that's correct. I just checked it against the information we have.

Cool! Thanks Ron. :)
I'm thinking of investing in an Ecstacy 20th Anniversary head & already use the MAG on my Carvin amps & have successfully made up my own amp interface cables for switching the Legacy 1, X100B, & X100B IV so I plan to do the same with the Bogner.

Back