Effect Gizmo, Fuzz and Expression Pedals

Sammy

I'm pretty new to the whole rack-mounting gear thing, I've had a pretty old school approach for a while now and I realise that I'm not getting the tone or versatility I want. So....

I have been checking out the Effect Gizmo and it seems to be totally awesome!

the suggested wiring diagrams for effects have been very helpful and when I get the gear together I am sure I will be incorporating a Line Mixer to run my reverb tank and delay more effectively and the mixer outputs to go to separate amps etc.....

My main question is, what is the best way to run my wah, fuzzface and uni-vibe?
(uni-vibe has expression pedal for speed control and on-off in heel)

I obviously want to avoid long cable runs and I would like to avoid having anything "in the loop" when I'm not using it, to get as close to that 'straight into amp' sound as I can.

Also, as far as patching my fuzz so it always 'sees' my guitar first and arranging an order for the wah and uni-vibe, (I have other pedals but the diagrams on the website are really cool and I think I've got plans for them sorted out) where do I start?

I also have an ernie ball stereo pan pedal I like to use to pan between using 2 amps or in a single amp setup panning between a clean and dirty sound - one send to input I of my marshall jtm-45 via a boost pedal, other send straight to amp. Is it still possible to achieve this without a stupid amount of cable?

I hope this all makes sense and that I'm not asking too much :oops:

any info would be greatly appreciated! Im super keen to start getting set up! :D

Cheers!

Hi there, thanks for checking out our forum!

Wah pedals are kind of an exception case - you typically want to use the built-in switch. I recommend running your guitar cable to the wah, then to the Effect Gizmo. If you don't have a true-bypass wah, you can get it modded to be true bypass.

As for fuzzes, Uni-Vibe, etc., most of them don't like to have a buffer in front of them. In these cases, I recommend connecting the buffer as if it were a pedal: buffer in to loop send, buffer out to loop return. You can do this to put the buffer after those pedals in the signal path, or even switch it in and out as needed. You lose one loop (unless you put the buffer in the insert point between loops 4 & 5), but the end result is worth it.

The pan pedal can be connected to the Effect Gizmo output, and the pan pedal outputs are connected as you suggest. You will need three cables from the pedal to the rest of your rig - there's no way around that, unfortunately.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

That's great! Thanks!

Just to clarify, to run my uni-vibe, I need to put it in a loop and have that loop programmed to be always on so that I can use the expression pedal/on-off switch for the uni-vibe

Also, I want to be able to run my fuzz first and then in to my wah. How would I achieve this without putting the fuzz on the floor?

Oh and I ordered an effect gizmo last night! very excited for it to show up in the post soon!

So I have also made up a rough chart of how I think I should set up the Effect Gizmo with my equipment.
Like I said earlier, im new to all this and even running effects in-line is something I havent done before and my amp has no effects loop.

I figure I should get my wah and univibe moded to be true bypass, so that when I have their loops always on, I can use the switches built into the pedals. When the effect is off im not getting the buffer. I aslo figure my reverb tank would probably react better without a buffer in front also.

I have decided to ditch the pan pedal for now, on less piece of gear to run my signal through and I figure, I generally use the guitars volume control for goin between cleaner and dirtier tones anyway, so I can either run the boosted signal to one amp and the clean signal to the other or run them into inputs I and II on the same amp and get a larger range from clean to dirty and use my guitars volume control to keep the switching between the two sounding sweet and subtle.

so here is the rough chart, any feedback on this would be great and if you think it could be done better, your suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Attachments

• Sams Effects.pdf
    249 KB · Views: 271
Back